Early Care and Education Manager
- Degree Level
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, marital status or disability in employment.
Job Title: Early Care and Education Manager
Supervisor: Director of Professional Development and Center Services, Central West Region 2
Salary: Based on experience and education
Area Covering: Cobb County
- Supervise and support Early Care and Education Specialists (ECES) in reaching deliverable goals.
- Train and monitor ECES as needed.
- Develop individualized professional development goals with ECES.
- Monitor deliverables and funding of projects with Director.
- Develop and/or provide training sessions based on needs identified within the community.
- Coordinate and provide on-site technical assistance (observation and consultation) and group workshops for child care programs.
- Develop individual plan of improvement for each child care program in projects.
- Distribute grants to participating programs.
- Review data for monthly reports.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field as indicated by BFTS Professional Development Registry. Bachelor’s required, Master’s preferred. Dedicated to on-going professional development.
- Georgia Approved Trainer, preferred. Please submit a copy of your training approval letter.
- Completed the Art of Technical Assistance or Strengths Based Coaching class or Practice-Based Coaching, preferred.
- Experience in teaching adults who work in child care settings. Experience leading a team of people.
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Knowledge of The Environment Rating Scales, National Accreditation standards and assessment tools including National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), Council on Accreditation (COA), and National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC).
- Knowledge of Bright From the Start regulations and Georgia State Funded Pre-K system.
- Personal transportation required and available to work occasional nights and weekends.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequent driving.
- Consistently standing for 2 hours or more.
- Sitting at the computer for 3 hours or more at a time.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) required.
- Noise level in the work environment may be high at times.
To Apply: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and 1-page cover letter (list Early Care and Education Manager of Central West Georgia in the e-mail's subject line). Please include your name when titling email attachments. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.