- Degree Level
Role: Manager, Development
Job type: Full-time
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Director of Development
The Westside Future Fund, Inc. (WFF), a not-for-profit organization, was founded by leading Atlanta corporations, city government and other local organizations to coordinate and accelerate the revitalization of four historic Westside neighborhoods: English Avenue, Vine City, Ashview Heights, and the Atlanta University Center. The WFF environment consists of a small, entrepreneurial team that is mission-driven, results-oriented, and community-focused.
The Development Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Development with Westside Future Fund’s (WFF) fundraising objectives. Collaborating with the Development and other departments respectively, the Manager is responsible for creating and executing fundraising projects and initiatives that support the organization.
The Development Manager is responsible for assisting with the recruitment and retention of donors, managing projects as assigned by the Director and implementing best practices related to donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The Manager will also utilize fundraising software and other databases for required record keeping and reporting.
The Development Manager reports to the Director of Development and is an integral part of the Development team.
- Work with the Development team to engage and educate current and prospective donors;
- Design and maintain an annual organizational calendar of donor cultivation and stewardship activities and strategies to include events, tours, stewardship reports, newsletters etc.;
- Assist in maintaining relationships and donor retention through excellent relationship building skills and follow up
- Responsible for daily activities in support of WFF’s Development programs such as:
- Assess and respond to internal and external inquiries regarding support of WFF.
- Ensure that all donor records, donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activity is accurately recorded in the Clearview database and manage follow up in partnership with the Director of Development.
- Create staffing documents for CEO, Director of Development, and WFF leadership as needed for donor visits.
- Create and distribute a monthly donor stewardship activity report and calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience required
Skills and Experiences:
- 3-5 years successful experience in executing Development programs.
- 1-3 years successful experience in project management
- Ability to engage people from across a wide spectrum including individuals from the community, corporations, colleges and universities, religious, partner nonprofit and community organizations and WFF staff.
- Ability to build and maintain strong rapport and positive relationships.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Possess a high level of initiative.
- Possess outstanding communication skills (verbal, written) including listening.
- Proven skills in creating both verbal and written presentations.
- Exceptional organizational skills including planning, attention to detail and follow up.
- Computer literacy using the web, social media and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point) and using a variety of databases (e.g., Sales Force).
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply, please submit a resume and detailed cover letter in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager, Development” in your subject line.