- Experience Level
We're looking for a highly entrepreneurial ED who is already familiar with NYC and will be based here to start, ideally, on November 1st to head up a family foundation that focuses on capacity building.
The inaugural ED will be the professional leader of the Foundation, and work in close partnership with the Founders. The ED will hold the responsibility for building and implementing the day-to-day operations of the Foundation, as well as shaping the future of the Foundation by animating the vision and values of the Founders. The ED will be the primary face of the Foundation and an important conduit of information about the status and effectiveness of the Foundation’s nonprofit partners; an expert in smart and thoughtful philanthropic practice; and someone who has a shared sense of values with the Founders. By participation, facilitation and engagement in discussions of content issues relevant to the Foundation’s program areas, the ED will assess and respond to opportunities to provide funding to strengthen nonprofit partners, all in keeping with the Foundation’s mission, values and priorities.
The inaugural ED must be able to cultivate, build, and maintain strong and authentic relationships with a wide range of partners, including nonprofit executives, institution leaders and other funders. A data-driven and strategic sense of philanthropy, a willingness to learn from partners and to inspire creative solutions are integral to success. This ED must have excellent communication skills, including public speaking, written communications, and knowledge of public relations, social and traditional media skills. Visibility of the Foundation while safeguarding the privacy of the Founders is paramount and core to the grantmaking process.
Additionally, the ED will lead, inspire and support the Founders in their philanthropic work; communicating so that each of the Founders is heard, valued and fully up to date in all of the Foundation’s work. The ED will demonstrate an ability to communicate their point of view on all issues candidly with the Founders, while simultaneously able to honor the Founders’ vision.
Entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, unassailable integrity, deep commitment to the vision and values of the Founders are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and manage the day-to-day operations of the Foundation, including overseeing grant administration and operations;
- Work with the Founders to engage them in grantmaking and social impact models; for example, invite their participation in conferences and convenings to help build their expertise in their core philanthropic areas.
- Significant experience with a grantmaking Foundation and/or broad experience leading a well- respected nonprofit;
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City
- Event Planning Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City
- Program / Project Management Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City
- Research Youth Development Full Time jobs in New York City