- Experience Level
The Wildlife Conservation Network is a rapidly growing leader in wildlife conservation, working in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. WCN uses its collaborative, innovative, and generous approach to wildlife conservation to reverse crises facing threatened species. WCN’s mission is to protect endangered wildlife by supporting conservationists who ensure wildlife and people co-exist and thrive.
WCN’s dedicated and diverse team values the people and relationships behind conservation as much as the science and strategy to save wildlife. We are looking for a professional with experience in communications/marketing and project management who is ready to apply her/his experience to enhance the impact of a mission-driven organization to protect wildlife.
We are looking for an experienced communications professional who, with passion, creativity and savvy, will help support the development and implementation of WCN’s communications and marketing efforts to attract, engage, and motivate individuals to support WCN and its partners around the globe. In addition, this position also plays a critical role in helping field conservationists assess and build their own skills in communications and marketing. The Marketing Coordinator is the “backbone” of the Communications Department, responsible for keeping the Department’s projects executed on time and at the highest quality possible, while also offering ample opportunity for creativity.
- Assist in all efforts across multiple marketing channels to effectively and consistently broaden awareness of WCN’s field partners, advance WCN’s brand and added value of its programs, support and position the launch of new programs, and grow funding support.
- Manage development and distribution of all print outreach materials, including but not limited to print newsletters, the annual report, programmatic reports, and other visual support to engage donors.
- Primary point person for scheduling/calendaring, project management, and liaising with consultants to develop printed marketing materials.
- Responsible for updating existing printed material and coordinating additional print runs as needed.
- Compiling information for print materials including partner highlights, photos and captions, maps, etc.
- Create written content for print and digital collateral (event invitations, blog, newsletters, annual report, donor reports, brochures, one-sheets, etc.).
- Manage and responsible for development of event invitations. Liaise with graphic designer to develop materials (invitations, programs, posters, banners, etc.) for events.
- Support storytelling and content development for print and digital collateral through research, “story-mining”, pitching stories, and fact checking when necessary.
- Manage editorial calendar and all internal processes and resources for the Marketing and Communications Department. Includes, but is not limited to, running communications staff meetings, maintaining print material archives and inventory, tracking invoices, maintaining databases and communications resources, archiving press coverage, compiling/updating branding guidelines.
- Make thoughtful recommendations regarding improvements and adjustments to the processes, procedures, and projects for the Communications Department.
- Manage WCN’s blog: coming up with story ideas, connect with partners to flesh out stories, posting to website.
- Manage image and video library; responsible for keeping image library organized and for filling image requests from staff and partners. Responsible for keeping photographer agreements on file and outreach to photographers for permission, credits, and caption information.
- Primary point person for communications-focused volunteers and people offering in-kind contributions related to communications and marketing.
- Create reports to analyze the success of projects and campaigns for internal use and for corporate partners.
- Assist with development of donor surveys.
- Occasional outreach to press/media outlets.
- Assist Donor Engagement team with fundraising appeals and fundraising letters.
- Deploy marketing support services to field-based wildlife conservationists to help strengthen support for their work.
- Manage partner resources website.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years of marketing/communications experience, preferably within a nonprofit organization.
- A strong ability to find pragmatic solutions and proactively seek improvements to benefit a small marketing team.
- Excellent project management skills with superior attention to detail and an eye for creativity/design.
- Competency with various software and digital tools to support marketing functions (Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management System, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to transform information into compelling stories. Strong editing skills a plus.
- Highly collaborative style and strong interpersonal skills to thrive in a collaborative, flat, team-oriented culture.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of initiatives concurrently.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Takes initiative.
- Willingness to work at all levels.
- Integrity and a passion for conservation.
- Demonstrated ability to love and champion WCN’s value (read them here)
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
More searches like this
- Conservation Environment $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Environment $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Environment $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Research Environment $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco