7 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health (Foundation) is a team of dedicated individuals with a shared commitment to helping kids and families live healthier lives.
The Foundation does this by:
- Fundraising for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford and the maternal and child health programs of Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Raising awareness of children's health issues.
- Promoting a system of care that improves the lives of children with special health care needs and their families
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health is looking for a Presentation Designer to join our internal design and communications team to support our executives for internal and external presentations. We believe that telling a great story to our donors, board, staff, and fellow leaders is essential to building a strong foundation of community support for children’s health. We are looking for a thought partner who can be involved from the early stages helping shape the overall strategy of a presentation all the way through the execution of design and completion of the deck. This individual must be able to demonstrate (via online portfolio or sample presentations) knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm with visual design and storytelling via presentations. The individual must also be passionate about promoting children’s health through philanthropy.
GENERAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports to the Director of Development Communications and will work closely with senior leadership including the Foundation’s president and CEO. As needed, the Presentation Designer will also take on additional projects such as pitch decks to potential donors and support our in-house design team with other materials.
- Take complex concepts and strategies from executives, give input on how to visually depict the overall strategy and messaging, and apply your design skills to create sketches or storyboards, iterate quickly, create revisions based off speaker feedback, and produce the final presentation
- Support executives in developing a compelling story arc, identify powerful imagery, and write concise copy that communicates clearly and effectively to diverse audiences
- Work one-on-one with executives to ask the right questions to create a presentation from scratch or take an existing one to make it much better
- Understand and demonstrate the fundamental principles of graphic design
- Create illustrations, diagrams, graphs, storyboards, and narratives to be used in presentations
- Demonstrate impeccable attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Be an evangelist of our presentation brand, ensuring all presentations adhere to our brand guidelines
- Be a hardworking driven individual
- Understands, supports and models the Foundation’s Core Values at all times
- Takes responsibility for own career development and seeks opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge of the department and the Foundation
- Shows initiative to take on additional tasks, duties and assignments to ensure the department fulfills its responsibilities
- Recommends new approaches, procedures and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
NOTE: We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Therefore, the responsibilities associated with this position will change from time to time in accordance with LPFCH’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND JOB-RELATED REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-10 years of presentation design experience; agency experience is a plus
- Experience collaborating with C suite executives to gain insight and perspective and help generate ideas for presentation content and design
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite; experience using PowerPoint or Keynote is a plus
- Experience creating motion graphics and animation
- Ability to work directly with executives as well as take creative/brand direction from peers
- Ability to work under pressure, collaborate, and problem-solve approaching a deadline
- Ability to take feedback and iterate to arrive at stronger results
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of productivity and initiative.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate directly and effectively with others.
- Tactfulness, flexibility, and collaboration are essential in working with diverse population groups (co-workers, constituents, physicians, faculty, staff, vendors, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Resilient and adaptable in the face of changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work with sensitive/confidential information with the utmost discretion at all times.
- A positive, resourceful, solution-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A genuine interest in improving the health and well-being of children.
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit environment
- Knowledge of children’s health and philanthropy
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We know that building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our success and enables us to do extraordinary work for kids and their families. When you become part of our team, you’ll be joining a group of passionate and dedicated individuals who truly care about and believe in the work they do.
We provide competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We are strong supporters of work life balance. Learn more by visiting the careers page on our website.
Apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume.
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.