- Experience Level
Job Announcement – 100 Black Men of America, Inc.
The first 100 Black Men organization was founded in New York in 1963. Our mission is to improve the quality of life within our communities and enhance educational and economic opportunities for all African Americans.
We strive to serve as a beacon of leadership utilizing our diverse talents to create environments where our children are motivated to achieve and empowered to become self-sufficient shareholders in the economic and social fabric of the communities we serve.
Revenues: $5-10 million
For more information, please visit www.100blackmen.org.
Position Description for Finance Coordinator
The Finance Coordinator will provide accounting support to the accounting department including data entry and query support to both internal and external stakeholders. This position performs tasks of moderate complexity which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, reconciliations, data entry and running system queries to support the 100 BMOA Team.
- Maintain cash receipts log
- Enter accounts receivable in accounting system
- Code and enter all vendor invoices, check requests and reimbursements in the accounting system
- Reconcile Bank and Investment accounts monthly
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
- Reconcile and process monthly credit card transactions
- Responsible for donor invoicing
- Prepare grants and scholarship payments
- Update and maintain vendor files.
- Prepare check run for mailing and distribution
- Assist with month end and year end duties
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist with annual audit preparation
- Prepare and mail annual Form 1099 for independent contractors
- Data entry, query support
- Attend all required meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is required
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with relevant computer software
- Excellent organization abilities
This position description describes essential functions and qualifications of the role as assigned by 100 Black Men of America, Inc. Management maintains the right to change reporting structure, assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time without restrictions.
The Finance Coordinator reports to the Finance Comptroller and works with the board of directors and appropriate committee(s). This position is required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.