Accounting Manager or Controller
7 days left
- Experience Level
Job Title: Accounting Manager or Controller
Expected Start Date: Fall 2019
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is an educational non-profit whose mission is to inspire, educate, and connect future leaders with the economic, ethical, and legal principles of a free society. These principles include individual liberty, free-market economics, entrepreneurship, private property, high moral character, and limited government. FEE has been trusted by parents and teachers since 1946 to captivate and inspire tomorrow’s leaders with top-rated in-person seminars, resources for classrooms, and perspectives on relevant and worldly topics.
About the Role
The Accounting Manager OR Controller role plays a key role in controlling FEE’s $5 million+ annual financial situation, with vital responsibilities ranging from accounts receivable/payable to budgeting to monthly financial closure in order to keep FEE financially healthy for its mission. The role will work closely with program leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures, but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations. The role will report to FEE’s Executive Vice President and have assistance from an outside accounting firm and independent consultant.
- Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Run accounts receivable and payable
- Support corporate tax preparation (e.g., Form 990 and other state forms), produce Form 1099s for independent contractors annually, and supervise annual independent financial audit
- Oversee staff expense reporting
- Conduct inventory management (including calculating Cost of Goods Sold and Distributed)
- Monitor restricted funds and oversee spending compliance
- Month-end Journal Entries to ensure FEE is GAAP compliant
- Assist with annual organizational budget creation and regular expenditure monitoring
- Enforce financial and regulatory compliance, including working with outside contractor to renew state solicitation licenses annually
- Develop and improve Board of Trustees financial reporting
- Assist Executive Vice President and insurance broker in pricing and selecting business insurance products such as D&O, employer liability, workers compensation, etc.
- Payroll processing and monitoring
- Benefits monitoring, such as 401k contributions and compliance (e.g., Form 5500), and FSA/HRA compliance
- Intern time-tracking and overtime monitoring
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and logic skills.
- Deep knowledge of GAAP, FASB and other fundamental accounting principles relevant to tax-exempt non-profit organizations
- Proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks Online
- Basic knowledge of investment brokerage activities and systems such as Schwab
- Experience with Salesforce, Expensify, Gusto, and Bill.com is a plus.
- CPA is a strong plus.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, your relevant experience, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to FEE’s Executive Vice President Richard Lorenc (rlorenc@FEE.org).