Development Director, Bike MS (NAT3469)
- Experience Level
The National MS Society is seeking a goal-orientated, relationship-focused, experienced fundraiser to join our Development team as the Director, Bike MS.
The Development Director, Bike MS is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of Bike MS events in the New York City metro to meet or exceed revenue and engagement goals. This position collaborates with Development Leadership to develop the operational plan and strategic priorities for events in the assigned market and will utilize metrics to identify areas for growth and opportunity. The Director will deepen relationships and engagement with participants and teams, top fundraisers, and corporate sponsors in order to ensure an exceptional experience for all.
This position collaborates with local staff, key volunteers and board members to reach revenue goals. In addition, this position is part of a Bike MS team who develop and implement the fundraising, recruitment and cultivation strategies for Bike MS nationally and will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory. This position reports to the Sr Director, Bike MS and will lead 2-3 direct reports.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the operational plan for assigned events focused on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, and volunteers
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships with event participants, teams, top fundraisers, key volunteers, and sponsors to increase engagement with the Society and accelerate revenue growth
- Works in collaboration with Development Leadership and local leadership team in the relationship management strategy for fundraisers at all levels, teams, team captains, corporate partners and volunteers.
- Collaborates with local team to ensure effective execution of the campaign in their market as well as assess volunteer engagement and corporate development opportunities
- Evaluates and implements processes that enable rapid adoption of successful tactics into the market plan for assigned events
- In collaboration with the AVP of Execution builds strong and balanced participant portfolios for each Bike MS staff member in the assigned market. The portfolios will include teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, volunteers, etc.
- Ensures fundraising strategies are understood by market staff and that the staff is meeting the goals and expectations set for them
- Coaches, develops, and directly supervises a team responsible for executing the local fundraising plan
- In collaboration with Development Leadership and local leadership oversee the budgeted revenue discussion, revenue growth assessment, and the operational planning process for assigned events.
- Oversees the execution of the integrated marketing and communication plan focused on acquisition, retention and revenue growth for each market in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Increases the number of Society volunteers focused on Bike MS by recognizing and recruiting talent
- Engages volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identifies, develops and grows volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Ensures that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors, teams and participants) and event experience (the quality of the experience a participant has from the time they register through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Bike MS staff.
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Provides Leadership and expertise as part of the Bike MS Team responsible for achieving revenue goals
- Ensures communication and integration of national strategies into assigned market events
- Ensures the strategies, resources and tools created by the marketing, relationship development and event experience teams are deployed in assigned market to drive revenue and registration.
- Collaborates with other market leaders to provide a unified and consistent experience for sponsors, participants, donors and volunteers that are shared between revenue channels.
- Bridges corporate and volunteer relationships to other markets where new teams and additional sponsorship can be realized
- Is an active member of the Strategy 6: Resource and Revenue Growth Team.
- Ensures communication and integration between the development team and other revenue channels in their assigned market
- Working closely with the local logistics and services teams to fully engage and mobilize the MS community.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Non-profit management, PR, Communications, Marketing and/or Business background preferred but not required depending on experience
- At least 6 years of development and/or sales experience including 2 years in a supervisory position
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, revenue generation, budgeting, and analytics to drive measurable results and focus resources on work that will excel revenue growth.
- Ability to analyze the numbers and adjust market plans based on the data and results.
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations and strong relationship and communication skills to provide leadership to a large number of staff and constituents
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Reporting tools (Metrics that Matter or similar reporting software).
- Knowledge and ability to use Society technology platforms including Blackbaud, GoTo Meeting etc.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website:
National MS Society
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Waltham
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Waltham
- Health / Medical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Waltham
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Waltham
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Waltham