President, Atlanta Press Club
- Experience Level
Atlanta Press Club President
The Atlanta Press Club, a 501c3, is looking for a new president. This is a full-time position managing a staff of two people and a budget of around $300,000. The role reports directly to the board of directors.
The mission of the Atlanta Press Club is to serve the evolving professional, educational and social needs of our media community, foster journalistic excellence and advance the public’s interest in and understanding of a free press. Founded in 1964, the Atlanta Press Club is one of the largest and most active independent associations for journalists in the nation.
The president of the Atlanta Press Club is responsible for the growth and profitability of the Club. Responsibilities include overseeing or directly managing all day-to-day activities, including the organization’s finances, long-term programs and events, and current and new corporate and media sponsorships. As the leader of a small staff organization, candidates need to be self-sufficient multi-taskers who can resolve issues related to finances, technology and human resources as they arise.
The ideal candidate will have experience in and a proven track record of:
- Working independently in a management role at a nonprofit without day-to-day supervision
- Managing staff
- Overseeing accounting functions, budgeting and using QuickBooks software
- Cultivating sponsor relations
- Planning and executing events and high-profile fundraising programs
- Understanding the journalism industry
- Working with a volunteer board of directors
- Working in a member-based organization
- Networking with donors, volunteers, community and business leaders of all levels
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.