Senior Program Associate: Workforce Development & Human Services
2 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
RDA is a woman-owned, mission-driven consulting firm with 35 years of experience partnering with public and nonprofit organizations to promote the well-being of vulnerable populations faced with persistent social, health, and economic challenges.
About the Role
The Senior Program Associate will have experience with and understanding of a variety of government and non-profit subject matters, along with demonstrated success in planning and/or evaluation. The ideal candidate will demonstrate content knowledge and experience in human services and/or workforce and economic development; a commitment to social and/or economic justice; and successful professional experience in at least four of the following areas: mixed-methods data analysis, program evaluation, needs/gaps assessment, strategic planning, community engagement and research methods, program planning and design, and proposal and/or grant writing. Successful candidates will bring knowledge of project management practices and have a demonstrated record of success effectively managing multiple and concurrent projects and teams through the lifecycle of an engagement. Senior Program Associates are expected to effectively partner with RDA’s clients at the executive leadership and management levels from government agencies and community-based organizations to plan, implement, and execute project activities and deliverables. The successful candidate will have experience in a management role and demonstrated leadership skills that encourage the development of leadership in others.
- Create and manage project work plans within budget, using available resources
- Engage in and lead activities for planning and evaluation efforts that include qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and interpretation to support organizational objectives
- Generate new business for RDA by responding to RFPs and contributing to marketing and business development efforts
- Draft scopes of work, participate in contract negotiations, and manage contracts
- Motivate, mentor, train, and lead junior staff
Master’s degree or PhD preferred in public policy, social work, economics, or related field. Three to five years of experience in project management that includes an understanding of work plan and budget development, client relationship management, team leadership, project quality assurance and delivery, and business development. A minimum of five years of work experience in governmental or nonprofit organizations; commensurate experience can be considered. Experience leading and participating in teams charged with strategic planning, evaluation, and grant writing.
Benefits of Working at RDA
- Dynamic and collaborative workplace
- Family-friendly environment with flexible schedules
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- 100% RDA-sponsored insurance
- 401k, with RDA discretionary match after two years
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit and parking expenses
RDA Core Values
- We are unwavering in our commitment to social justice
- We believe that people and organizations can change
- We exhibit bravery through our willingness to speak up and take risks even when conflict emerges
- We demonstrate ownership thinking by reliably delivering quality results
- We are thought partners with each other and with our clients
- We strive for improvement by being curious, self-reflective and practicing continuous learning
- We show up as leaders who generate energy, inspire others, and model the way
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
RDA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to hiring staff that reflect the diverse fabric of our Bay Area community. Candidates from all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references with “SPA” in the subject to email@example.com. No phone calls please. RDA appreciates each application it receives, but due to the volume of responses for positions at RDA, only candidates who best fit the needs of the organization will be contacted.