Customer Relations Specialist
- Experience Level
Essential to the BBBSMA brand, the primary function of this position is the responsibility of processing all volunteer and child applications. This includes obtaining references and initializing background checks. The purpose of this position is to ensure that each participant is processed timely and efficiently to the next stage in the enrollment process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct scheduled and cold inquiry calls with potential participants
- Responsible for responding to telephone inquiries from volunteers and parents
- Provide program information to clients and initiate processing of clients applying to the program.
- Determine eligibility of all clients based on pre-requisite questions during inquiry call
- Schedule volunteers for orientation and make reminder calls.
- Accurately document all inquiries into the CRM system
- Conduct background check on all volunteers using the Verified Volunteer data system
- Make and document all referrals when appropriate.
- Perform administrative duties regarding all intake Services.
- Update and maintain confidential files of all applicants
- Maintain computerized data relating to volunteers to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Collaborate with other departments ( recruitment / site based ) to ensure smooth transition among functions and follows process through to next point of contact.
- Participate in speaking and recruitment opportunities on behalf of the agency
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and telephone.
- Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction
- Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other program staff.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage a large case load with attention to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and use time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to focus on details, collect meaningful data, and draw solid conclusions.
- Bilingual positions require incumbents to write and speak Spanish fluently.
- Working knowledge of and use of a CRM, (this position uses Salesforce), preferred.
Behavior and Competencies
- Shares own needs, wants, and perspectives in a positive way.
- Appreciates and values individual differences.
- Shows engaged and active listening so that others feel heard and understood.
- Seeks collaboration by encouraging others’ ideas and input.
- Uses personal mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Flexible problem-solver and takes initiative.
- Follows, and encourages others to follow policies, procedures, and behavior norms.
- Follows through with goals and commitments.
- Maintains healthy boundaries, and does not participate in negative talk.
- Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. This position is located in our Atlanta office, though may require local travel
- Saturday and evening schedule availability is required.
Education and Work Experience Required
- A high school diploma, or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in an administrative capacity, including data entry and word processing experience; at least 2-3 years total work experience preferred.