Impact & Innovation Associate
- Experience Level
JOB TITLE: Impact & Innovation Associate
DEPARTMENTS: Community Planning and Impact / Innovation
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: As Jewish Atlanta continues to boom, Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta intends to play a bold and creative role. The Community Planning and Impact Department and Innovation Department are looking for a motivated, flexible, detail-oriented and proactive associate to join our team as we expand the ways we impact the community.
Reporting to the VP of Community Planning and Impact and the VP of Innovation, you will work with a passionate team of Federation professionals to increase the impact of the organization’s work here in Atlanta as well as in Israel and overseas. You will collaborate with our community partners on a common agenda—guided by the principles of collective impact—to share best practices, build trust, and foster strategic partnerships and innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project and Event Management
- Manage projects as assigned as part of the department’s allocations and innovations process. This will include qualitative and quantitative information synthesis/analysis and presentation, materials preparation and creation, file management, data entry, and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct research related to trends in engagement, innovation, human services and education.
- Coordinate all logistics to ensure complete preparations for scheduled department, committee and team meetings and events including meeting notifications, arrangements, day of details, pre and post communication,
- Track and manage multiple projects including timelines, budget and task lists.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and review them with lead professional prior to distribution. Initiate follow up as needed.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations for a wide range of projects, meetings, and events.
- Manage the collection of information and regular communication with partner organizations.
- Coordinate with organization’s marketing team to prepare internal and external communications related to the department’s work.
- As needed, write and send letters to elected officials to promote our legislative priorities.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the VP of CPI and VP of Innovation, with partners and stakeholders both internal and external on matters related to the organization.
- Promote the mission of Federation at all times through superior customer service to all and through the efficient use and care of resources.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks on behalf of the VPs of CPI and Innovation, including managing active calendars of appointments, drafting correspondence and processing department invoices and expenses.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
STATUS AND SCOPE: No supervisory responsibilities. Initiate and respond to ongoing contacts with Federation staff, committee members, volunteers and members of the lay community.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree and at least two years of full-time or part-time work experience. Management of diverse constituencies and knowledge of the Jewish community preferred. Must have excellent verbal and written communication abilities, Knowledge and ability to use databases, computer spreadsheets, word processing and other basic programs. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and Formstack preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent standing and walking with prolonged periods of sitting at desk or in meetings. Must have stamina needed to attend morning, evening and weekend meetings and events in addition to regular schedule. Must be available for local, national and international travel to attend meetings, functions and other activities. Must provide own transportation and have a valid State of Georgia driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
*Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.