- Experience Level
Job Description: Children, Youth, and Young Adults (CYA) Coordinator
Reports To: CYA Manager
Details: Full-Time, 40 hrs. per week
NAMI Georgia, Inc. is a non-profit whose mission is to provide education, support, and advocacy for individuals and families affected by serious mental illness. We do not provide direct clinical services or therapy.
NAMI Georgia, Inc. is seeking a CYA Coordinator to join our team to provide assistance and support to the CYA Manager to plan, implement, and effectively coordinate Mental Health Awareness Trainings to 2,200 schools throughout the state of Georgia.
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as NAMI GA liaison with contacts at Georgia schools, districts, and/or Regional Educational Service Agencies requesting Mental Health Awareness Trainings.
- Respond to training requests efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of meetings and training to promote NAMI GA youth programs to school staff.
- Consistently monitor CYA Data Coordinator email to immediately address requests, questions, and concerns.
- Track all requests via designated database, remaining organized and diligent with inputting all pertinent information.
- Ensure that all CYA requests are processed promptly and that CYA organizations and individuals receive the most up-to-date information, with a quick turnaround on each request.
- Find, acquire, and communicate with CYA contacts (i.e. subcontractors) to confirm event information, including logistics and requirements, making sure that these are addressed ahead of events.
- Ensure that NAMI GA management is made aware of any issues arising at events for the appropriate party to respond appropriately.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of NAMI GA youth programs, presentations, training, and classes.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or three years of equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of nonprofit experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliverables at once
- Ability to respond to requests quickly and bring issues to management’s attention
*NAMI Georgia offers Paid Time Off (PTO), professional development opportunities, and staff appreciation/development events.