Director of Public Funding
- Experience Level
POSITION TITLE: Director of Public Funding
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Primary role of the Director of Public Funding is to secure and maintain public funding for the agency’s overall operating budget. In addition to pursuing new funding sources and stewarding existing grants and contracts, the Director of Public Funding manages all relationships and contracts within the public funding realm and oversees two staff to ensure successful administration and performance of, as well as reporting on, all public contracts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working with the Executive Director, Chief of Strategy, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, and appropriate program, finance and development staff, the Director of Public Funding has primary responsibility for the following functions:
- Provide leadership and management of Public Funding program
- Research, develop and submit funding proposals and related materials to public agencies, with support of a contract grant writer
- Establish strong relationships with key contacts within public agencies.
- Serve as the agency’s central point of contact for public funding issues – internal and external.
- Provide senior oversight of contract negotiations and approvals, with staff support for contract administration.
- Oversee staff to coordinate site visits for current and potential public funders to monitor programs, tour facilities, etc.
- Maintain and oversee staff to maintain tracking system for public grants (reporting calendar, issue log)
- Oversee staff to develop and submit reports to public and institutional funders.Work with the operations support team to develop internal processes and procedures to support ongoing performance management and successful contract monitoring visits.Informand participate in funder advocacy strategy.
- Contribute to overall agency leadership through membership on Management team.
- Planning and Development
- Evaluate and facilitate discussions of potential public funding opportunities among executive, administrative, and program staff.
- Provide annual and periodic forecasts of public revenues.
- Design and implement grant policies and procedures for the Department.
- Facilitate goal setting and educate program staff about contract requirements as part of annual contracting cycle.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the agency’s executive team on a variety of strategic projects.
- Participate in the overall management of the agency related to special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compile high-quality funding proposals that meet all funder specifications and requirements.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Capability to learn quickly.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
B.A. degree and a minimum of three (3) years prior experience managing public contracts required; equivalent transferable experience will be considered.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Public speaking skills with the capacity to represent the agency in public settings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other web based software solutions.
- Working knowledge of issues facing homeless and at-risk youth.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer