- Experience Level
Program/Development Administrative Coordinator
Odyssey is an educational non-profit organization partnering with the Atlanta Public Schools and The Westminster Schools to serve students in grades 1-12 from economically disadvantaged communities. Odyssey’s academic enrichment program focuses on students with unmet potential, preparing them for high school graduation and supporting them on their path to college and beyond. Odyssey is a 6-week summer program (5-weeks for Odyssey High) held on the campus of The Westminster Schools. The 375 + students selected to attend Odyssey are enrolled at schools in the Atlanta Public School system and will be in grades 1-12 in the school year following the Odyssey summer. All expenses to attend Odyssey – from transportation to and from The Westminster Schools, to school supplies, to meals – are provided through the generosity of our donors and supporters. Odyssey strives to create an engaging educational environment that gives students the ability to excel in the upcoming school year and beyond, and to find value and excitement in classroom learning.
- Believe deeply in the mission, beliefs, and values.
- Hold high expectations for each student.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism with teachers, students, colleagues, administration, volunteers, support staff and guests at all times. This includes using appropriate language, tone, physical contact, and content.
- Engage and challenge our Odyssey students every day.
- Implement the school‐wide student management policies within classrooms, as well as on and off-campus.
- Compile, analyze, display and use data on student progress and achievement to target and differentiate instruction.
- Celebrate student work on a regular basis, using bulletin boards as well as other methods.
- Be a champion for Odyssey in the community.
- Work as an active member of the school‐wide team, doing whatever it takes to ensure our students’ needs are met.
- Create, foster and model a positive and collaborative learning environment.
- Invest in parents as true partners in ensuring our students achieve their audacious goals and full potential.
- Zest, grit, self‐control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, curiosity and a sense of humor.
- A passion for being part of a team‐oriented, mission‐driven culture.
- A strong desire to become a better professional by joining the Odyssey team and family.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-years of experience working in a professional youth development program.
- Minimum of 2-years of experience working in a professional office setting.
- Valid driver's license and daily vehicle access for school visits, event staffing, errands, etc.
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Comfortable with Filemaker Pro, Blackbaud & WordPress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders including donors, teachers, parents & students.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and long hours during the summer season as needed.
- Flexible and self-motivated.
- Serve as program registrar for elementary, middle and high school programs.
- Manage the Filemaker Pro database- student records, teacher records layouts, demographic reports, etc.
- Manage all student communications including but not limited to mail, telephone and electronic.
- Plan, organize and execute family orientation meetings.
- Manage all human resource records and tax documents for all employees.
- Support student admissions process and serve as point person for admissions volunteers and staff.
- Manage corporate and student volunteer programs.
- Serve as transportation liaison with APS Transportation and Odyssey Divisions.
- Support to Executive Director in scheduling and executing in-person and virtual committee and board meetings.
- Support all fundraising special events including administration, committee communication, set up, day of & follow-up.
- Order all office supplies and manage inventory.
- Generate and record donor thank you letters.
- Manage board and committee meetings invitation and attendance processes.
- Serve as board recording secretary including distribution of meeting materials.
- Maintain Board of Directors and Advisory Board rosters.
- Manage all room reservation processes.
- Maintain and update donor records.
- Work with Executive Director to create and enforce accounting best practices.
- Prepare acknowledgment letters for donors, sponsors and in-kind supporters
- Assist in the execution of special events including Fall Party, Brunch, 5K Run, Heroes event and other events as scheduled.
- Conduct research to increase revenue from foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Payroll- Prepare monthly payroll for accountant, documentation and record-keeping for new hires.
- Create, organize, and maintain paper and electronic student summer records including attendance, health forms, progress reports, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Manage all summer daily and field trip transportation.
- Serve as the first point of contact for donors, parents, guests, bus drivers.
- Assist elementary, middle school and high school program directors in organizing and execution of the family orientation meetings.
- Communicate all HR related issues to Odyssey Executive Director.
- Support student admissions process including the interview of applicants and communication with schools.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all field trips, Camp Odyssey and special programs. Staff programs as appropriate.
Salary & Benefits: This is a 40 hour a week position. Salary is based on experience. 20 Days Personal Time Off (PTO) per year offered plus holidays. Health and Dental Benefits are not provided.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Odyssey does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Education $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Education $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Education $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Research Education $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Technology / Data Management Education $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta