Development and Outreach Coordinator
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Development and Outreach Coordinator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / ACCOUNTABILITY
The Development and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, screening, and training of new volunteers to ensure sufficient numbers of CASA volunteers are available for case assignment. The Development and Outreach Coordinator is charged with engaging local community members, community leaders, stakeholders and local businesses for the purpose of building program awareness and the recruitment of CASA volunteers. The Development and Outreach Coordinator is also responsible for all Pre-Service training for all new CASA volunteers and In-Service Training for all CASA volunteers. The Development and Outreach Coordinator is hired by the Executive Director. The Development and Outreach Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director on all issues pertaining to the terms and conditions of his/her employment. This includes, but is not limited to daily assignments, goals, performance evaluations, benefits/compensation, and leave requests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Required to actively recruit CASA volunteers to meet annual recruitment goals.
- Actively engage the local community, local businesses, stakeholders and community leaders for the purpose of building program awareness.
- Complete Pre-training screening and maintain documentation in files for all potential CASA volunteers including interview, application, fingerprinting, background check and reference checks.
- Schedule, facilitate, and instruct CASA volunteer training classes following National CASA curriculum multiple times annually in each county served by Piedmont CASA.
- Organize, facilitate, and instruct in-service continuing education training for all CASA volunteers.
- Travel is required to meetings and recruitment events within the Piedmont Judicial Circuit, encompassing Barrow, Banks and Jackson Counties. Travel will also occur from time to time outside of the Piedmont Judicial Circuit to attend trainings and multi-day conferences.
- Communication: Ability to generate written and verbal communication, as well as ability to read and analyze correspondence.
- Technology: Proficiency with common workplace software programs such as MS Word and Excel. Proficiency with social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Ability to build, edit and maintain website domains.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Education, Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, or Social Work or extensive work history in these fields preferred.
- Successfully complete CASA pre-service training including criminal background check.
- Experience in recruitment, public speaking, teaching and training.
- Strong work ethic, team player, presents themselves and the organization professionally, portrays a positive and energetic demeanor, works well independently, self-starter, creative thinker, multi-tasker, organized, detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills, great interpersonal skills, views situations objectively and rationally, both follows and gives direction well.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities and persons.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting new CASA volunteers and engaging existing CASA contacts through methods such as: out-reach events (i.e. community events, fairs, church and civic group speaking engagements); social media; traditional media (such as writing newspaper articles or appearing on local radio programs); or making presentations at local Chambers of Commerce and local businesses who encourage community involvement.
- Responsible for proposing and initiating new, creative ways to attract and recruit CASA volunteers as well as new, creative ways to build community awareness of our program.
- Follow up of all CASA Volunteer leads (Sending out requested information and scheduling interviews, background checks, etc.)
- Interview and screen all potential new CASA volunteers for suitability for our program.
- Schedule, facilitate, and instruct multiple CASA Volunteer pre-service training classes annually, following requirements set forth by National and Georgia CASA.
- Organize, facilitate, and instruct quarterly in-service continuing education training of all CASA volunteers.
- Support of CASA Volunteer Advocates as needed.
- Responsible for assuring volunteer files are complete and updated with appropriate back-ground checks to be in compliance with Georgia CASA and National CASA standards and Federal Law.
- Assist Executive Director with planning special events.
- Promote Piedmont CASA through social media platforms, website management, newsletters, etc.
- Attend trainings and meetings as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
More searches like this
- Human Resources / Recruiting Capacity Building / Volunteerism $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Winder
- Marketing / Communications Capacity Building / Volunteerism $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Winder
- Volunteer Services Capacity Building / Volunteerism $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Winder