Registered Nurse, Non-profit clinic supporting women and families
Cares for and treats clients in the center under the direction of the Medical Director and Director of Medical Services. Performs pregnancy tests, STD tests and, upon completion of training, limited OB ultrasound exams. Candidates must be willing to complete ultrasound training for certification. Orders and interprets laboratory tests, and executes standing orders for medication prescription. Candidates will also work with the Clinic advocacy and education programs to support and serve clients needing pregnancy support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts intakes and assesses the patient needs and make sound medical judgments that reflect safe practices
- Contributes to the Clinic’s effectiveness recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; updating, and studying medical histories as necessary.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by staying abreast of existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conducts specified laboratory tests as directed by the Medical Director’s Standing Orders.
- Upon certification, conducts limited obstetric ultrasounds based on the direction of the standing orders from the Medical Director and on AWHONN guidelines.