- Experience Level
The Volunteer Manager role involves assessing and meeting St. Vincent de Paul Georgia’s needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers.
The position reports to the Chief Programs Officer and is located at the St. Vincent de Paul Georgia Conference Support Center in Chamblee, Georgia. This position requires excellent organization skills, time management expertise, ethical standards and judgment, flexibility, initiative and strong verbal and written skills.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program
- Assess opportunities and need for volunteers to enhance program delivery and administrative services
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the program and services delivered by volunteers, recommending and implementing improvements as identified and/or necessary
- Administer and review policies and procedures which guide the volunteer program
- Organize, coordinate and manage the recruitment of program and event volunteers
- Regularly communicate with volunteers, respond to requests and troubleshoot areas via phone, email and/or survey
- Maintain accurate databases and sites of individuals (Hands On Atlanta, National Database, etc.)
- Assist in the development of monthly e-newsletter and e-blasts, social media strategies, fact sheets, talking points, brochures, flyers, etc.
- upport the AARP Foundation SCSEP (Senior Community Service Employment Program)
- Other duties as assigned
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 4 years nonprofit or related administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage volunteers from the community and corporations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite,
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and shows initiative
- Flexibility to work a variable schedule and willingness to travel as requested