Community Engagement Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Deamer Group is currently in search of a highly motivated, forward-thinking Community Engagement Coordinator who is creative, enthusiastic, and passionate about event planning and working with volunteers for Hemophilia of Georgia. Qualified candidates must submit a resume for consideration. Please review the full description for details.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work under the direction of the Director of Development, working closely to support outreach and fundraising efforts with emphasis on special events, volunteer coordination, and social media. The Community Engagement Coordinator will maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating productively, effectively, and efficiently with customers, vendors, clients, co-workers, volunteers and management.
A successful candidate will have previous Community Engagement /Outreach with prior fundraising and event management experience. This individual must also be comfortable working with a very diverse population.
About Our Client
Hemophilia of Georgia is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing services and support for people who have hemophilia, von Willebrand Disease, and other inherited bleeding disorders. The only agency of its kind in the state, Hemophilia of Georgia works to enhance clients' care and quality of life while actively pursuing a cure through research funding.
HoG is a trusted resource for medical providers and offers rewarding opportunities for volunteers and donors.
HoG's nonprofit pharmacy provides convenient home delivery of clotting factor and other medications at competitive prices.
Hemophilia of Georgia is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors that includes individuals who have bleeding disorders. For more than 40 years, the Hemophilia of Georgia staff has provided a wide range of programs and services including blood clotting products, home infusion training, education, and activities for people who have hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
It is the policy of Hemophilia of Georgia, Inc. to afford equal rights to all qualified personnel and the clients we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or any other non-job characteristic.
- 2+ years of experience in a fundraising department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related field.
- Reliable vehicle for travel required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift 30 pounds required.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills required.
- Prior Social media planning and implementation experience required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Must be proficient.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive material and information.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as required
- Plan and implement special events throughout the state, including recruitment of event participants, corporate sponsors and facilitating on event day.
- Recruit and train volunteers and committees.
- Facilitate all contract negotiations and apply for permits for all events.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications for all event promotional materials and publicity.
- Assist the Director of Development with identifying and developing new corporate sponsors.
- Maintain timelines, priorities, logistics for each event. Develop a report after each special event for the Director of Development.
- Represent the organization at community and special events.
- Work with the Development Department team to coordinate the recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers.
- Build and cultivate relationships with volunteers, donors, sponsors, and vendors.
- Work with the Director of Camp and Client Events to identify client events to attend for volunteer recruitment.
- Cultivate and increase agency’s donor base by promoting fundraising opportunities at various client events.
- Develop and maintain volunteer manual and training materials.
- Procure all volunteer records including, but not limited to, time sheets, volunteer application forms, confidentiality forms, and waivers and oversee storage and retention of these forms.
- Work with the Director of Development to plan and implement the annual volunteer recognition and appreciation event.
- Plan and implement ongoing volunteer recognition/retention.
- Write, edit, and update all fundraising and development social media related content.
- Track and remove outdated or inaccurate social media content consistent with on-going fundraising and engagement campaigns.
- Launch/maintain fundraising and development social media presence on current relevant social networking sites utilized by the organization.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to monitor mentions of the organization online; track alerts; engage in fundraising/volunteer conversations and track targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Maintain online fundraising and volunteer engagement discussion in a timely manner and craft responses to blogs, other social media sites and online news outlets.
- Write articles for the newsletter, blogs and draft e-blasts to promote events and fundraising campaigns.
- Work with the Director of Development on targeted social media fundraising campaigns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta