- Experience Level
The Program Associate provides support to the Economic Development Department in the areas of program research, development, implementation and administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute program strategies at the direction of the Director of Economic Development by coordinating and communicating with program partners, grantees and consultants, developing program materials and other assigned tasks.
- Coordinate and serve as the point person for the planning and logistics for Youth Pop Up events, webinars and meetings, both on- and off-site. This includes contributing to the overall design of events, scheduling, coordinating with the conferencing department, monitoring the planning process and acting as point person at designated events. Develop and prepare event materials including PowerPoint presentations, handouts, nametags, registration materials and other document production, under the supervision of the Director of Economic Development.
- Assist with workforce development including curriculum research and monitoring workforce training and participation.
- Support inclusive economic development strategy of healthy neighborhood growth, including working with city of Sacramento staff, city contract monitoring and compliance in addition to supporting neighborhood development projects.
- Provide the Director of Economic Development with administrative support during the creation, implementation and management of programs. This includes coordinating and tracking the status of program projects including timelines, logistics and deliverables, coordinating department calendars, making travel arrangements, expense reimbursement reports, monthly credit card transaction reports, creating correspondence and other general administrative duties.
- Coordinate with the Program and Administration Departments in the development of contracts and grant agreements to accomplish program strategies. Review grant agreements and contracts for specifications and approval by the Director of Economic Development. Act as a liaison with the Administration Department in the coordination and monitoring of grant agreements, contracts and other third-party agreements that require Director of Economic Development’s review and approval.
- Assist with contract-monitoring process, which includes ensuring deliverables are submitted on time with appropriate content that is consistent with contract language, initiating approval of deliverables by Director of Economic Development, and monitoring invoicing. Monitor the master file of contractors, ensuring working files are integrated, correspondence, reports and payment documents are filed, essential documents scanned, and the database is updated.
- Coordinate requests for proposals under the supervision of the Director of Economic Development. Assist with the development of the criteria, questions and final application. Communicate with applicants and grantees throughout the application process, as necessary.
- Participate in the grant application review process. This position reviews grant applications, edits application project descriptions for input into the GIFTS database, prepares reports for the determination meeting, participates in determination meetings with Program team members and other tasks as necessary.
- Assist with the grant-monitoring process, which includes assisting with the evaluation of grantee progress reports, providing technical assistance to grantees on grant- or award-related matters and ensuring timely response to monitoring issues. Monitor the master file of each assigned grant and award, ensuring working files are integrated, correspondence, reports and payment documents are filed, essential documents scanned, and the database is updated.
- Work with the Director of Economic Development to actively track and summarize state and local policy issues that may impact program content areas.
- Conduct basic research, such as research on funding opportunities and policy issues to inform program design and enhancements.
- Under the direction of the Director of Economic Development, assist with monitoring program-related expenses and program budgets, including funder budgets.
- Assist as a liaison with the Communications Department and contribute content for newsletter, publication and video development, and other communications-related needs. This position also will contribute to the development and implementation of a social media strategy to support dissemination of information related to assigned programs.
- Facilitate small group meetings related to assigned programs.
- Actively participate as a member of the Program team, participate in Foundation meetings, attend team meetings and collaborate with team members.
- Represent the Foundation at community and philanthropic activities and events.
- Other tasks as assigned.