- Experience Level
September 9, 2019
The 410 Bridge serves the people of Kenya, Uganda, Haiti and Guatemala through partnerships with US churches and organizations. Our model of Christ-centered, community development is centered on walking alongside local indigenous leaders in rural communities to help them implement sustainable solutions to meet their physical and spiritual needs. The 410 Bridge is a nonprofit Christian organization located in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant will be responsible for the ownership of accounts receivable and accounts payable which includes directing the work of one part-time bookkeeper. This position will communicate with external & internal customers regarding vendor and donor related inquiries as related to invoices submitted and donations received. All positions within the Accounting & Finance department maintain stakeholder confidence and protect operations by keeping all financial matters strictly confidential. Each employee of the organization shares the responsibility of maintaining & promoting a positive, productive, and supportive culture.
This role plays a major part in the accounting department in the following areas of responsibilities:
- Perform accounting functions in compliance with GAAP & FASB.
- Maintain compliance with internal processes, policies, and controls
- Maintain the accounting system by updating the Chart of Accounts and Class structure, entering budgets, and making program class adjustments as requested and needed.
- Complete monthly program reconciliations between the US and funded countries.
- Record deposits and all accounts receivables transactions which require the importing of data into software.
- Prepare and send annual donor statements.
- Manage all functions & systems of accounts payable including the work of one part-time bookkeeper
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations & manage weekly bank account balances & transfers.
- Maintain & reconcile petty cash.
- Prepare and manage annual processing of 1099s
- Complete necessary schedules and gather supporting documentation for the annual audit.
- Identify and report improvement and simplification of accounting processes and procedures to the Controller.
- Prepare Sales & Use Tax submissions
- Conduct internal audits of funded countries.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports & other duties as assigned.
- Experience in QuickBooks and several donor related systems
- Microsoft excel knowledge and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and two years of A/P & A/R work experience.
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental, & employer paid LTD insurance