- Experience Level
Scotts Valley, CA
We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as our next Communications Director, leading our Communications Department.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
The Alliance’s Communications Department is a key element of our three-year strategic plan. The Director will work to align communications initiatives and processes across the entire organization, and promote the value of the organization internally and externally. The position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer, and is part of the leadership team. To learn more about this team click here.
Providing strategic management oversight in implementing, directing and monitoring the Alliance's communications functions, including internal and external communications and media channels. You will oversee the Communications Department and act as a subject matter expert and provide executive level advice and guidance on communications and business continuity.
To reach different target audiences using a variety of current and new channels and methods, you will work to:
• Engage stakeholders with enhanced communication
• Promote successes, milestones, and accomplishments
• Ensure awareness of purpose, strategies, and initiatives
• Guide perceptions where necessary
• Align internal and external communications
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
• Have a passion for communications and ensuring that messages reach and resonate with the intended audience
• Move work forward, meeting deadlines and empowering teams to do their best work
• Be comfortable working with the gray and have the ability to define issues accurately and timely
• Focus on collaboration and engagement, and will build connections with a variety of stakeholders
• Have an understanding of the current healthcare and political environment and processes
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
• The principles and practices of public relations, corporate communications, and media relations
• Tools and modern techniques and styles of copywriting, creative and graphic design, publication and layout
• The methods of utilizing traditional media, Internet, social media and alternative media to increase public awareness of the organization and promote organizational objectives
• Direct, manage, supervise, mentor, train and evaluate the work of staff
• Develop, plan, organize and direct communications programs and activities that are complex in nature and regional in scope
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills, accurately collect, manage and analyze data, identify issues, offer recommendations and potential consequences, and mitigate risk
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a closely related field
• Six years of management level experience performing communications, public relations or community engagement activities for a managed care, health care or health policy organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities which may be qualifying
For a complete position description and to apply online, please visit our careers website.
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 340,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here (http://www.ccah-alliance.org/aboutus.html) or check out this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI4SyyIimiU).
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.