Executive Assistant/Board Liaison
- Experience Level
Organization: San Francisco General Hospital Foundation
Job Title: Executive Assistant/Board Liaison
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting research, education and care for all at the Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG). Zuckerberg San Francisco General is the only provider of trauma (Level 1) and 24-hour psychiatric emergency services for 1.5 million people in San Francisco and northern San Mateo counties.
A comprehensive medical center, Zuckerberg San Francisco General provides quality health care with compassion and respect to 100,000 inpatient and 500,000 outpatient visits per year, including some of San Francisco’s most vulnerable. In addition, Zuckerberg San Francisco General is one of the nation’s top tertiary academic medical centers conducting clinical training and research.
In 2016, Zuckerberg San Francisco General opened a brand new acute care hospital and the Foundation concluded a successful multi-million dollar capital campaign. This candidate will be joining the Foundation at an exciting time as it continues to grow and advance public health in San Francisco. For more information about the Foundation and Zuckerberg San Francisco General, please visit: sfghf.org.
The Executive Assistant/Board Liaison will perform administrative duties and work very closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Board President, the Board Chair, and the Board of Directors. This position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound independent judgment, and take initiative.
The position is responsible for supporting Foundation projects, public events, and private events via a wide variety of clerical and organizational activities. Diplomacy, foresight, and attention to detail are imperative.
The Executive Assistant/Board Liaison must have excellent written and oral communication skills; be highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate; and be able to multi-task, prioritize, meet frequent deadlines, and work in a fast-paced office environment.
The Executive Assistant/Board Liaison must effectively assist and interact with the staff, Board of Directors, ZSFG staff, other organizations, and a variety of groups and individuals. The position has significant administrative responsibilities including C-level executive support; forward thinking and the ability to self-start are crucial. This individual must have exceptional customer service skills, a pleasant phone manner, and be able to interact with diverse individuals across the economic spectrum with courtesy and tact.
- Schedule, coordinate and prepare for five or six board meetings per year as well as bi-monthly meetings for five committees and their subcommittees, including the collaborative planning of meeting agendas, preparation and/or coordination of all meeting materials, invitations, tracking of attendance, and venue preparation;
- Record and prepare minutes of board and committee meetings as needed, including composition of minutes, tracking of required approvals, and filing of board minutes on-site as mandated;
- Assist Governance Committee in the process of nominating new board member candidates;
- Coordinate new board member orientation and onboarding;
- Serve as a primary point of contact for Board members, supporting the Chief Executive Officer as well as independently managing incoming and outgoing communication as needed;
- Serve as a point of contact for Advisory Council members, supporting the Chief Executive Officer as well as independently managing incoming and outgoing communication as needed; and, with the Chief Executive Officer, coordinate the Council’s yearly meetings;
- Coordinate adherence to Foundation’s Bylaws, governing policies and committee charters and ensure mandated procedures are being followed; serve as point person for any needed updates;
- Manage calendar, expense reports and scheduling of appointments for the Chief Executive Officer;
- Assist in editing and distributing written communications on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer and Board President;
- Collaborate with Chief Executive Officer on scheduling and creating agendas for monthly staff meetings;
- Collaborate with Foundation staff on special projects and event assistance when needed;
- Assist the President and Chair of the Board of Directors with coordination and scheduling of meetings;
- Answer phones for the CEO, and greet visitors to the Foundation office as needed;
- Perform general administrative support and other tasks as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred; Associate’s degree required, with strong experience in the nonprofit sector;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise initiative;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively;
- Diplomacy and awareness of Foundation’s status and public image;
- Personal enthusiasm, optimism, a sense of humor, and patience;
- Interest in and commitment to public health; and
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Experience in non-profit administrative work
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Event experience a plus
Compensation and Application Information
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package based upon experience, and benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as
professional development opportunities, 403(b) retirement plan, commuter discounts and vacation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your first and last name and Executive Assistant/Board Liaison in the subject line.Due to the high volume of applications, please refrain from telephone calls, visits, faxes or emails (other than submissions) to the Foundation directly.