Assistant Toddler Teacher | Nonprofit Preschool (Experience Required)
- Willingness to Travel
- Not willing to travel
We are seeking experienced, early education professionals to pursue their calling in our NAEYC accredited, Georgia 3-Star Quality Rated program. Low teacher to child ratios, generous supply budget, supportive management, and a great mission have 97% of our staff stating they would recommend us as a place to work. Must love children!
Candidates should embody the qualities of a great teacher assistant dependable, caring, responsible, open to learning, and have a genuine love for working with children. But above all, we are seeking someone who works best in a collaborative environment.
The Assistant Teacher in our Toddler room supports the Lead Teacher and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the assistant teacher observes and documents the children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Assistant teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
Hours: 9:15am - 6:00pm (Mon - Fri) Full-time & Year-Round
- Must Have 1 to 2 Years of teaching experience in a Licensed Childcare Center and a minimum of a High School Diploma
- College degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Must be able to pass Nationwide Background Check and Drug Screening
- Must be able to squat, kneel, sit on the floor, and carry up to 70lbs.
Pay: Based on Experience AND Education Level (CDA, TCC, AA in ECE, or BA in ECE)
- Actively engage children and use positive communication during all daily activities with children to reinforce positive behavior.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities, document children's progress, and preferences, and encourage participation by children in the toddler room.
- Classroom management; maintain cleanliness,organize classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling; assist with diapering or potty training.
- Help ensure smooth, the daily transition from home to the childcare center.
- Learn and follow all center policies, NAEYC regulations, and Quality Rated guidelines.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- High energy and able to squat, kneel, bend, sit on the floor, and carry up to 70lbs.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Ability to work well with others and implement suggestions for improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and basic computer skills.
- Must earn a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential within the first year of employment
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- We provide Paid Training and give Employee Child Care Discount
- We provide work perks such as Coffee and Daily Lunch & Breakfast Meals
- We get PTO- 10 days paid time off, plus the week of Christmas is paid & major holidays.
- We provide Benefits (Short & Long Term Disability, Vision, Dental, & IRA w/ 3% matching funds).
- We use a Creative Curriculum, and provide a Laptop & iPod for each classroom, and keep a well-stocked supply closet.
- We have a dedicated Center Director, as well as an on-site Literacy Coach and the support of a Family Advocate.
- We promote teachers continuing education by providing tuition reimbursement for higher education in Early Childhood Education.
- We have a wellness program to provide a healthy lifestyle through free on-site monthly Zumba & Yoga classes and a $50 raffle prize for health initiatives.