- Degree Level
FOCUS + Fragile Kids is a 36-year old nonprofit that offers programs to children/teens/young adults who are medically fragile or have physical and/or significant developmental disabilities and their families. FOCUS + Fragile Kids programs are well known in the community as fun, safe, and accepting. We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and creative program coordinator to join our team to manage existing programs that enrich the lives of children with different abilities and their families.
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in special education, recreational therapy, child life, or other related field OR have excellent experience with children, teens, or young adults with multiple disabilities.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Reports to Program Director
40 hours/week, including evening/weekend assignments
Adapted Swim Teams Director
- Communicate with practice locations & coordinate practice times.
- Publicize FAST Fins to FOCUS Families and communicate with interested parents.
- Maintain reservation list of participants.
- Coordinate, train, and communicate with Head Coaches about practices and meets, ensure that they are receiving necessary support.
- Organize & supervise swim meets.
- Evaluate program after each season.
Family Camps Director
- Plan both family camp programs- coordinate schedule with Camp Twin Lakes, manage all logistics and supplies, camper parents, and volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers to support family camps.
- Manage family registration, ensure all payments and paperwork are received.
- Be on-site and supervise family camps, troubleshooting problems.
- Evaluate each weekend of Family Camp.
Teen / Young Adult Group Activities
- Organize monthly outing for Teen / Young Adult Group and coordinate with volunteers.
- Advertise & coordinate participant registration and necessary paperwork.
- Implement new, innovative TYA programs in broader geographic region.
- Evaluate program at least once a year with survey to parents.
- Provide support and attend as requested the Teen / Young Adult camp programs Camp Infinity & OctoberFest.
Day Camps & Respite Childcare
- Assist with day camp registration
- Supervise/support 11 locations of FOCUS Day Camp
- Supervise quarterly respites as requested
- Maintain list/calendar of all volunteer needs at FOCUS.
- Recruit volunteers via online volunteer sites, volunteer fairs, and seeking community partnerships.
- Send a monthly email to volunteers with information about upcoming volunteer needs and how to sign up.
- Make sure all volunteers are registered and screened appropriately- applications, background checks, phone interviews (when applicable), etc.
- Communicate with volunteers to confirm their registration and attendance and send all information to prepare them for volunteering at FOCUS Programs.
- Provide online or in-person volunteer training, as appropriate for program.
- Thank volunteers following every volunteer engagement opportunity.
General Parent Support
- Handle incoming new parent calls and accurately input information into Salesforce, welcoming warmly but managing time wisely.
- Research answers to parent questions, recording new resources and making changes in the resource data files as necessary.
Technology & Fund Raising Support
- Assist with the dinner dance, golf tournament, brewery event and all other fundraising programs.
- Salesforce: Assist in keeping database updated and current.
- Plan at least 1 family program and oversee the implementation.
- Assist with planning, supervision and staffing other FOCUS family programs.
Program Support and Other Duties as Assigned
- Attend and assist with other FOCUS programs, as requested.
- As assigned, assistance with large FOCUS events and activities, office duties, etc.