- Position Type
- Part Time
Summit Medical Associates is seeking a Part-Time or PRN Health Worker. This rewarding role in our well-respected, outpatient abortion center is available to the ideal candidate, a compassionate Medical Assistant or Health Worker. This person will advocate for patients and work closely with physicians, nurses and other clinic staff, to provide abortion care in a supportive, non-judgmental environment. This role includes cleaning and autoclaving instruments, assisting physicians and nurses during and after surgery and assisting patients in moving.
Summit Medical Associates is a licensed ambulatory surgical center which provides non-surgical abortion, as well as first and second trimester surgical procedures. We have provided high quality, professional abortion services for greater than 40 years. We are committed to creating a stigma-free, individualized experience for each of our clients. Our talented team works closely to support one another, while upholding high standards for exceptional patient care.
- Must be pro-choice
- Positive attitude
- Possess the physical ability to lift 50lbs. or more, stand, sit, twist, reach, and move freely
- Medical Assistant Certificate or Bachelor's Degree
- Availability to work Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and/or Saturdays
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Healthcare experience
- Preference will be given for previous experience in women's issues and/or bilingual in Spanish.
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Position Hours: 24-32 hours a week
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.50 /hour
To apply: Along with your resume, please include a cover letter that describes your commitment to abortion rights. Please no phone calls.