Outreach Programs Coordinator
- Willingness to Travel
- 25 - 50%
Georgia Cares, Inc. (Georgia Cares) seeks a qualified candidate to serve in the position of Outreach Program Coordinator. The Outreach Program Coordinator for Georgia Cares supports the reach and impact of Georgia Cares by engaging in community outreach, volunteer management, organizational marketing, fundraising, and communication efforts. The Outreach Program Coordinator maintains oversight of the Volunteer Program at Georgia Cares by recruiting, training and managing all volunteers at Georgia Cares. The Outreach Program Coordinator is responsible for developing and facilitating trainings for a variety of audiences across the state. The Outreach Programs Coordinator facilitates community outreach to establish partnerships with individuals, business, and corporations to increase awareness and funding for Georgia Cares. The Outreach Program Coordinator plans and executes agency fundraisers and other fund development projects.
Georgia Cares seeks a candidate who is dependable, hardworking, and invested in making a long-term impact in supporting the statewide response to child sex trafficking. This position requires a candidate who possesses strong time management capability, a fervent work ethic, prioritization skills, and organization skills. The ideal candidate would have experience in non-profit capacity building, volunteer management, development, and communications administration. This position is a full-time position with office hours from 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. This position will also occasionally travel for partnership and collaborative development and trainings, as needed. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position and functions as a member of the Georgia Cares leadership team.
• Manage the Training and Awareness Strategic Priority and goals of the agency.
• Manage the Volunteer Program of Georgia Cares. Ensure the ongoing outreach, training, support, appreciation, and retention of volunteers.
• Assist in the development and execution of a plan to recruit and expand volunteer positions at Georgia Cares.
• Manage all incoming requests for speaking events/engagements and volunteer applications.
• Track and manage volunteer hours, volunteer reporting, and match reporting.
• Maintain Volunteer Program policy and procedure, update and utilize a Volunteer Handbook, and ensure that volunteers comply with the requirements and parameters set forth in their roles.
• Oversee the Contracted Speaker Assistant (contracted position) at Georgia Cares.
• Represent Georgia Cares in the community at events, fairs and outreach events.
• Operate Georgia Cares’ fund development initiative to include planning, implementation,
solicitation, and retention.
• Conduct monthly check-in meetings with Outreach program staff.
• Cultivate and establish relationships with individuals, businesses, corporations, communities and
foundations to encourage partnership with Georgia Cares.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports to be submitted to the Director of Programming and CEO of
Georgia Cares. Reports include but are not limited to: Weekly Snapshot, Monthly Report, Quarterly
• Aid in researching, drafting, completion, and reporting of grants as necessary.
• Manage Georgia Cares public communication efforts. This includes oversight and management of
newsletters, listserv updates and blasts, press releases, website updates, and social media.
• Implement and maintain a Georgia Cares donor and volunteer information system.
• Update and create new training curriculum, presentation material, guiding documents as needed.
• Act as a resource for Georgia Cares, representing the agency, attending meetings, and delivering
trainings on an as-needed basis, as approved and requested by the agency.
• Manage events and trainings through attendance, observation, or facilitation, as approved and
requested by the agency.
• Manage the planning and execution of large fundraising events.
• Participate in weekly check-in meeting with supervisor.
• Perform other projects as assigned by the CEO, and Director of Programming.
• Support and promote Georgia Cares Mission, Vision, and Strategic Priorities by adhering to the
agency’s Guiding Principles both internally and among the community.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Non Profit Management, Public Relations,
Marketing, or related field; A Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
• Candidates who possess experience with public speaking, volunteer management, development,
fundraising, and communications will be given preference.
• Must pass a background check and criminal records fingerprint check
• Must possess a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel throughout the state of Georgia.
• The full-time position annual salary range is $40,000- $46,000.
• Georgia Cares pays for 70% of an employee’s health, dental and vision insurance per the
organization’s insurance policy.
• Georgia Cares offers a desirable PTO policy with 7 agency holidays, 120 hours of Paid Time Off and
40 hours of Sick Leave.
• Georgia Cares offers a desirable benefits package to also include a paid maternity leave policy of 6
weeks, and a Retirement Package to eligible employees.
• At Georgia Cares, you will have the opportunity to work for the Nation’s first statewide organization
serving child sex trafficking victim and will be a leader in the field of human trafficking.
The ideal start date for this position is September 16- October 16, 2019.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Human Services $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Human Services $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Human Services $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Human Services $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Human Services $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta