Adult Education Coordinator
- Position Type
- Part Time
Job Title: Adult Education Coordinator
Department: Economic Empowerment
Reports to: Adult Education Manager
Status: Part-Time 20-25 hrs/week
Start date: Sep 15th 2019 (or earlier if possible).
Position Purpose: To assist the Adult Education Manager with the ESL (English as a Second Language) and Computer programs mainly with daily operations related to students and teachers, including ESL and Computer registrations, data management, marketing and customer service.
- Be the face for the ESL and computer programs by providing the best customer service in Spanish and English to current and prospective students. Coordinate group ESL classes including Conversation and Pronunciation classes as well as workshops for ESL teachers.
- Assist with student registrations, by administering an ESL placement test for new students, receiving payments and managing data.
- Prepare for the first and last day of a session, including class lists, printing certificates of completion, evaluations, etc.
- Reconcile data to generate management reports and to meet the LAA Data management requirements (ETO / Salesforce).
- Assist with advertising for ESL & Computer programs to ensure high student enrollment and retention. This includes marketing material production (fliers, social media posts, online marketing campaigns, etc.), email blast distribution & updates on the LAA websites among others in coordination with the Communications Manager at LAA.
- Hire, lead and train teachers.
- Communicate with students and teachers when needed.
- Assist the Manager improving the programs as needed.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English languages with writing and proof-reading skills.
- B.A. Degree is preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Professional demeanor, honesty and reliability.
- Computer skills (Internet, E-mail, Microsoft Office, Excel, email marketing, google forms, and social media).
- Sensitivity to and interest in the Latino community.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and ability to communicate with clients.
- Creative, resourceful and a team player.
- Deadline driven.
- Be available to work 20+ hours per week: Two days/week from 9:00am to 4:30pm and one day/week from 11:00am to 7:00pm.
Some hours on Saturday will the required (once a month or when classes start/finish).
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and background.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Submit resumes and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the LAA at www.thelaa.org.