- Experience Level
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) headquartered in Washington D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 270+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. CDFIs deliver responsible, affordable finance to markets that mainstream banks do not serve.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. Be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff who are guided by the following values:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Communications Associate supports and participates in OFN’s communication outreach to key audiences including OFN members, funders, investors, the CDFI industry at large, policy makers and the media. The Associate will publish and send scheduled web and blog content utilizing a content management system, email marketing software, advocacy software, and social media platforms.
- Proficient use and maintenance of OFN’s communications infrastructure including multiple platforms to engage OFN target audiences.
- Coordinate Strategic Communications and Public Policy metric tracking via monitoring platforms to produce performance reports for investors, House and Senate ethics offices, and other key audiences.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of the organization to facilitate cross-functional collaboration regarding marketing events, OFN programs and public relations initiatives.
- Provide tactical support for OFN’s editorial and outreach calendar.
- Publish and send scheduled web and blog content utilizing a content management system, email marketing software, advocacy software, and social media platforms.
- Prepare routine correspondence and blog posts. Includes regular Public Policy communications such as CDFI Fund award announcements, invitations to join sign-on letters, and factual blog posts to highlight industry press announcements.
- Schedule appointments with policy makers for President and Chief External Affairs Officer. Contact schedulers or legislative assistants on Capitol Hill to arrange meetings with Members of Congress.
- Conduct fact checking and secure permissions from CDFIs and borrowers regarding CDFI projects, photos, and quotes used for borrower stories and member profiles.
- Manage inventory of marketing collateral, booth, and banner properties.
- Support video production and presentation graphics, for example by reviewing b-roll footage or an image library of borrower photos to nominate candidate content.
- Document best practices and assist with ongoing storage of digital assets for ease of retrieval.
- Monitor key issues impacting the CDFI industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or 5-7 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated communications work experience.
- 1-3 year of professional experience working at a national membership association desired.
- A strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision and values; familiarity with the CDFI industry strongly preferred where one can be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Strong communication skills in public and private settings both in verbal and written formats.
- A collaborative team player who possess good interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work
- Smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think creatively and have the ability to adapt content for social media, blog posts, and forums.
- Adept at online content publishing.
- Tight organization, project planning skills, and a close attention to detail is required as the Associate supports time-critical content publishing across many platforms and maintains records for the department.
- Empathy to understand diverse perspectives.
- Familiarity with a range of marketing technology including: Salesforce, Pardot, Drupal, Wordpress, CQ Engage, CVENT, Vimeo, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and Hashtracker.
- Ability to set priorities, follow through on challenging situations and effectively manage time under moderate supervision.
- Light to moderate travel required (5-15% of time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
Supervisor’s Title: EVP, Strategic Communications FLSA Status: Exempt
Interested persons apply: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=OF158
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Public Policy / Administration Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.