- Position Type
- Full Time
Position title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
FLSA: Non Exempt
This full-time position has numerous responsibilities related to providing administrative support to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, as well as assisting the Advancement Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement
- Support the Development Manager, and Development Officers, as needed
- Perform other duties to support the Advancement Department, and the overall mission and strategic plan of the Garden
- Maintain departmental calendar(s)
- Schedule meetings
- Manage supplies and storage needs for the department
- Manage the creation and maintenance of donor recognition plaques
- Catalogue current and historical naming opportunities
- Coordinate mailing lists, and annual Departmental Holiday Card mailing
- Code, submit, and file invoices & other paperwork
- Participate in donor prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship
- Attend & Support Garden programs and events, as appropriate
- Manage ticket distribution for special exhibitions and events
- Coordinate volunteers
- Coordinate and execute special projects of varying scale as they are identified within the Advancement program
- Perform other duties as assigned by Vice President, Institutional Advancement and/or Development Manager
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Full computer proficiency required. Competency with Raiser’s Edge a plus. The position requires an undergraduate degree and 2-3 years of experience in a professional office environment.
- lifting (up to 20 lbs.), bending/reaching, extensive walking during event set up, Garden programs and events.
- Long periods of time working at a computer terminal.
- Position requires mostly sitting work with some standing, bending and stooping to perform general office work
- Some evening and weekend work required.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter, and team player with energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities, exceptional project and time management skills, fine attention to detail, and the ability to develop and maintain superb donor relations along with the ability to comfortably interact with senior leadership, and manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion.