- Position Type
- Full Time
Position Type Full Time
Education Level Bachelor's degree
Travel % Negligible
Job Shift Day
Job Categories Nonprofit - Social Services
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
Atlanta Mission wants every volunteer that serves to feel valued, appreciated and fulfilled during their service.
The Volunteer Coordinator is a critical member of our ministry, serving by identifying organizational needs for volunteers, recruiting them and placing them in key roles that will provide the most impact for both the volunteer and organization.
You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes volunteer recruitment plan for attaining volunteers in various subject matters and demographics to support roles in the organization
- Attends job, volunteer and mission recruitment fairs to recruit volunteers
- Manages online volunteer recruitment postings for volunteer match organizations and Atlanta Mission’s volunteer portal including the addition, deletion and description writing of the volunteer opportunities posted
- Builds relationships with corporations, churches, colleges and universities to raise awareness of the organization and to recruit recurring volunteers
- Screens incoming volunteers for opportunity placement, qualifications, background checks and reference checks, as applicable
- Leads volunteer orientations and conducts volunteer onboarding and placement with receiving department lead
- Leads annual volunteer needs assessments to identify and prioritize volunteer positions needed by internal functions
- Promotes the use of and trains others on the Volunteer Management System for the tracking, training and opportunity assignment of volunteers
- Serves as the point of contact to the volunteer management system account and is responsible for managing support issues and enhancements to the system
- Assists with maintaining accurate list of upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Tracks and reports the volunteer experience through survey tools and developing action plans when improvement is required
- Conducts bi-annual check-in meetings with volunteers to evaluate satisfaction and placement
- Builds a support team of volunteers to assist with all job responsibilities
- Creates and updates training material templates for receiving departments
- Creates and updates standardized policies for volunteers
- Assists with managing seasonal episodic volunteers
- Fields unique group requests and follow up with group activity requests received online
- Creates and gathers content for and distributes campus event calendars
You will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Non-Profit Administration or related field preferred
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office with concentration in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in a volunteer management system, VolunteerHub or similar, preferred
- Strong project management skills and the ability to organize, multitask and prioritize a heavy workload
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of volunteers, employees, and partners of organization
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Physical Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator and computer printer
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20lbs
Employer PAID benefits: Basic Life Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan: After one year of service Atlanta Mission will match .50 cents/$1.00 up to 5% of your contributions and 4% on your regular earnings
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.