Social Worker - Men's Services (Emergency Services)
- Position Type
- Full Time
Social Worker - Men's Services (Emergency Services)
Job Location The Shepherd's Inn - Atlanta, GA
Position Type Full Time
Education Level Master's Degree
Travel % Negligible
Job Shift Day
Job Categories Nonprofit - Social Services
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As a Clinical Social Worker in Men's Services you will serve within our ministry by serving men to assist them with their individual needs to overcome their current circumstance.
You will also perform the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads weekly devotions
- Utilizes triage process for mental health and substance abuse
- Completes safety screenings for clients fleeing domestic violence situations
- Assesses for suicidality and homiciadally and recommends appropriate measures for individual and community safety
- Provides best service recommendations based upon needs assessment results
- Researches and builds relationships with community partners and organizations to meet client needs
- Communicates with clients external service providers on clients status and progress
- Provides resource referrals
- Leads life skills groups
- Utilizes clinical assessment to recommend needed services
- Provides clinical adjustment support to clients in life event transition
- Provides 1013 recommendations and guidance during crisis intervention
- Consults during crisis situations
- Inputs, tracks, and reports client outcome progression and client engagement data
- May serve as a resource for other Social Workers
- Adheres to all laws and the professional Code of Ethics
- Participates in training and educational activities to obtain and/or maintain license
- Attends mission-wide meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will possess the following:
License Professional Counselor (LPC) preferred or eligible for Licensure
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications; experience working in customer management database; Salesforce experience preferred
- High emotional and organizational intelligence evidenced by success over time in multiple settings
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is constant
- Proven ability to be a self-starter; well organized and time management with strong follow through
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Strong crisis intervention skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Long-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services - Dental Insurance (If participating in medical plan)
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.