Early Head Start Quality Assurance Specialist
- Degree Level
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference or disability in employment.
Title:Early Head Start Quality Assurance Specialist
Supervisor: Director, Family Child Care Services
Salary: Based on experience – Salaried, Exempt
Position Summary: Ensures program compliance of all Early Head Start Performance Standards (EHS) and Bright From the Start, Department of Early Care and Learning Licensing Standards (BFTS/DECAL). Coordinates self-assessment and monitors program activities to ensure all programs meet or exceed EHS and BFTS/DECAL standards.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a written quality assurance and performance evaluation plan with Director, Family Child Care Services and Policy Council approval
- Participate in meetings and strategy sessions to inform others in regards to EHS and BFTS/DECAL updates
- Monitors and evaluates program activities, system procedures, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and quality control
- Provide detailed reports indicating areas of non-compliance (both EHS and BFTS/DECAL), deficiencies, and weaknesses
- Works with providers and staff to develop a timeline for corrections
- Performs mock reviews with both staff and providers in preparation for EHS reviews
- Extensive research within the Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center (ECLKC) website and monitoring for any updates/changes
- Maintain knowledge of and be prepared to accurately explain all EHS and BFTS/DECAL rules and regulations, policies and procedures
- Participate in agency, BFTS, and EHS meetings as needed
- Submit monthly reports to Early Head Start Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood/Child Development or related field (Masters preferred)
- Knowledge of Early Head Start Performance Standards, Bright From the Start-Department of Early Care and Education rules and regulations, and ECLKC
- A minimum of 1 year experience delivering Quality Assurance
- Must be bilingual – English/Spanish
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent computer skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web research, etc.)
- Must pass a criminal background check and supply TB screening (negative), and positive physical
- Must have or obtain CPR/First Aid certification
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License and have reliable transportation
- Ability to work as a team member
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
TO APPLY: Please e-mail your resume and a 1-page cover letter to HR@qccga.org (list EHS Bilingual Quality Assurance Specialist in the e-mail’s subject line). Please include your name when titling e-mail attachments.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified. No phone calls please.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. Selected applicants will be contacted for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected may not be notified.