Camp Connect Specialist
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Organize and help lead the implementation of Camp Connect events.
- Manage/monitor monthly youth outreach and recruitment to meet youth attendance goals.
- Develop annual schedule of activities and co-lead Camp Connect activities.
- Work in partnership with the Volunteer Specialist to manage/monitor volunteer outreach and recruitment for Camp Connect; including but not limited to co-leading the monthly volunteer trainings.
- Write monthly stories that provide an engaging recap of Camp Connect events.
- Assist in grant writing and research efforts.
- Assist in duties related to creating new Camp Connect and Volunteer opportunities.
- Assist in organizing volunteer appreciation event, which include Camp Connect specific volunteers.
- Administrative duties including but not limited to data entry, filing, letter preparation, email correspondence, preparing check requests.
- Representing Promises2Kids in a professional and friendly manner at all times and develop a full understanding of Promises2Kids mission and role in the community.
- Must be able to successfully pass the child abuse clearance, fingerprinting, and background check
- Must possess reliable personal transportation and meet insurance requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two-years experience in program operations working directly with youth.
- Proficient in computer skills, including entire MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated professional writing skills.
- Experience with fundraising and outcomes software programs a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of people and represent Promises2Kids in a positive and professional manner to all staff, visitors, volunteers, Board Members, donors, community and business leaders, government officials and others.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and to complete and report on assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and also remain oriented to the “big picture” and established goals.
- Excellent organizational, management, communication and problem-solving skills.