Accounting and Grants Compliance Assistant
- Experience Level
Jerusalem House is Atlanta's oldest and largest provider of permanent supportive housing for homeless and low-income individuals and families affected by HIV/AIDS.
Under the general direction of the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) with oversight by the Controller and Grants and Compliance Manager (GCM), the Accounting and Grants Compliance Assistant (AGA) is responsible for administrative support, database coordination and data entry for the Finance area of Jerusalem House.
ACCOUNTING COORDINATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Controller with maintaining a spreadsheet to track monthly housing fees.
- Act as contact person for utility connections/terminations. Also responsible for monthly review of utilities for all properties.
- Maintain AP files
- Shred old checks according to accounting policies monthly.
- Assist with preparation of personnel file, forms, and manual for new employees.
- Scan bank deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Grant Coordination Responsibilities
- Support the submission of all government reimbursement requests by the GCM by copying, filing and scanning documentation. Coordinate with the Controller the collection of supporting documentation required for reimbursement reports.
- Data entry as needed to support tracking Housing Service Fee revenue for use in monthly reimbursement requests.
- Assist the GCM with research, copying and assembling data for the monthly, quarterly and annual grant program reports.
- Assist the GCM in creating and maintaining organized files for each government grant to include applications, budgets, correspondence, reports, supporting documentation, and reimbursement requests.
- Track monthly timesheets ensuring all are received and properly authorized for entry in the salary allocation worksheets. Copy both the timesheet and allocation worksheet as support for the grant reimbursement report(s).
- Data entry of statistical and demographic program participant data in a spreadsheet.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excel experience is required, and you will be tested. Abila MIP and Access experience a plus.
- Associate degree in accounting or business; or the equivalent of relevant experience and training.
- At least 5 years of work experience with personal computer applications and data entry, including experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated to carry out responsibilities independently, pay close attention to detail and accuracy, be able to meet inflexible deadlines, and be prepared to make a productive contribution to the Jerusalem House team.
- Have a valid Georgia state driver’s license and personal transportation.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires the ability to perform general office duties such as typing, using office equipment and moderate lifting (up to 30 pounds). Work is performed in the administrative main office or at residential facilities. Position requires reliable personal transportation.
No phone calls, faxes or in-person resume deliveries.