Human Resources Manager
- Experience Level
The Partnership on AI is seeking a Human Resources Manager focused on topics related to Human Resources, Diversity, Culture, and Belonging. We are driving a period of rapid staff growth and need an experienced individual to take ownership of all HR matters across the company, including recruitment, performance management, disciplinary action, benefits management, and learning and development. We seek an experienced individual who can design and execute a people strategy for PAI, including hiring and retaining top talent.
To perform well in this role you should have experience as an HR Manager, or other senior roles on HR teams, and have knowledge around all related legal requirements. The Human Resources Manager reports to PAI’s Chief Operating Officer.
Recruitment and Hiring:
- Support hiring managers by managing the recruitment, screening and selection process of candidates
- Develop programs to train and coach staff, including systems to conduct performance and compensation reviews
- Help develop formal and informal employee mentorship programs, including avenues for staff growth and advancement
HR Systems, Benefits and Compliance:
- Ensure that PAI offers industry leading benefits that attract and retain top talent
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies related to human resource operations
- Assist the COO in HR related budget matters
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent experience
- PAI offers a generous paid leave and benefits package, including: Twenty vacation days, three personal reflection days, sick leave and family leave above industry standards, high-quality PPO and HMO health insurance plans, many 100% covered by PAI, Dental and vision insurance 100% covered by PAI, up to a 7% 401K match, vested immediately, pre-tax commuter benefits (Clipper), automatic cell phone reimbursement ($75/month), up to $1,000 in professional development funds annually, team lunches & reading days, opportunities to attend AI related conferences and events and to collaborate with our 90+ partners across industry, academia and civil society. Please refer to our careers page for an updated list of benefits.
PAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promoting, training, education assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, and all privileges and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at PAI are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
PAI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or similar laws.
The Partnership on AI may become subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations. We also track diversity in our workforce for the purpose of improving over time. In order to comply with these goals, the Partnership on AI invites employees to voluntarily self-identify their gender and race/ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not jeopardize or adversely affect employment or any consideration you may receive for employment or advancement. The information obtained will be kept confidential.
To apply please send short cover letter and resume. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2019.