Partner Communications Manager
- Experience Level
Partner Communications Manager
The Partnership on AI (PAI) is seeking a communications professional to increase member engagement and operationalize Partner communications for the world's leading AI community. This partner communications manager will deliver on the production and distribution of Partner communication channels - including email, Partner intranet, Slack, and other mediums. This role has been designed to increase member engagement, support members to adopt PAI-developed best practices, and operationalize Partner communications. A successful partner communications manager requires an ability to grasp AI industry concepts, think strategically about message dissemination, and distill complex messages concisely in an expertly written fashion. The candidate must be able to speak to a diverse mix of academics, civil society professionals, funders, researchers, and industry executives to increase membership engagement. Applicants should have experience in understanding the interests of our corporate industry members while balancing the distinct needs of civil society and academic institutional members as well. The ideal candidate should understand the implications of our research to assist the communications team in disseminating that work into operational practice with our Partners. A successful candidate will work effectively cross-functionally and will collaborate closely with the Partnerships team in particular. The candidate must be able to collaborate across the organization's wide variety of Partner activities to hunt for the untold stories of collaboration within our Partner community. Responsibilities
- Strengthen relationships with the Partner community to adopt our work through Partner communication channels
- Strategize with internal teams on communication tactics which extend interest and translate the value of PAI work to our Partners
- Optimize and execute on content dissemination for the varied audiences of the Partnership
- Define and track Partner communication metrics to assess the effectiveness of communications programs/channels
- Collaborate and facilitate with the communications and partnerships teams on the development of Partner-generated content
- Effectively manage vendors to support the communications team’s objectives and deliver on time and within budget e.g. content production, intranet, translations, email, and event tracking software
- Perform other related duties as required by the communications team
- Where appropriate across Partner communications workspaces, facilitate compelling community management
- 5-7+ years of experience, preferably in a corporate communications role;
- Demonstrated a proven track record of increasing employee, community, or membership engagement
- An acute insight in how to best leverage communications and CRM tools such as MailChimp, Salesforce, Slack, and WordPress;
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with diverse members of our Partner community;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with high attention to detail;
- Expert knowledge of AP writing style, impeccable grammar; and strong editing skills.
- PAI offers a generous paid leave and benefits package, including: Twenty vacation days, three personal reflection days, sick leave and family leave above industry standards, high-quality PPO and HMO health insurance plans, many 100% covered by PAI, Dental and vision insurance 100% covered by PAI, up to a 7% 401K match, vested immediately, pre-tax commuter benefits (Clipper), automatic cell phone reimbursement ($75/month), up to $1,000 in professional development funds annually, team lunches & reading days, opportunities to attend AI related conferences and events and to collaborate with our 90+ partners across industry, academia and civil society. Please refer to our careers page for an updated list of benefits.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States; we do not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position at this time.
PAI is headquartered in San Francisco, with a global membership base and scope. The role will be located in San Francisco and will report to the Sr. Communications Manager
PAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promoting, training, education assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, and all privileges and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at PAI are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
PAI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or similar laws.
The Partnership on AI may become subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations. We also track diversity in our workforce for the purpose of improving over time. In order to comply with these goals, the Partnership on AI invites employees to voluntarily self-identify their gender and race/ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not jeopardize or adversely affect employment or any consideration you may receive for employment or advancement. The information obtained will be kept confidential.
About The Partnership on AI
The Partnership on AI (PAI) is a global nonprofit organization committed to the creation and dissemination of best practices in artificial intelligence through the diversity of its Partners. By gathering the leading companies, organizations, and people differently affected by artificial intelligence, PAI establishes a common ground between entities which otherwise may not have cause to work together – and in so doing – serves as a uniting force for good in the AI ecosystem. Today, PAI convenes more than 90 Partner organizations from around the world to realize the promise of artificial intelligence. Find more information about PAI at partnershiponai.org.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume in your application. Applications will be received until September 6, 2019.