Personnel & Operations Associate
- Experience Level
Elevate, a grant writing and nonprofit development strategy firm in Washington, DC, is excited to be hiring a Personnel & Operations Associate (POA). This is a full-time position in Elevate’s Operations Team, designed to assist all staff at Elevate and help our firm grow. The POA leads day-to-day personnel efforts impacting Elevate’s entire 55-person staff and plays a vital role in ensuring all the company’s operations are effective and efficient. This is a junior position but requires at least one full year of experience in personnel, or human resources (HR), or a similar space.
Elevate’s Operations four-person team is comprised of committed, bright, and passionate individuals who work with clients and behind the scenes to promote Elevate’s mission. This collaborative team is Elevate’s creative problem solvers, efficiency enthusiasts, and business builders. We are excited to add the right person to our team.
As a member of the Operations team, the POA works closely with Elevate’s Management team, as well as Elevate’s President & Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Executive Officer & Founder.
As Elevate’s Personnel & Operations Associate you will:
- Lead and execute all administrative duties related to Personnel and Human Resources, as well as data entry and reporting for Client Staffing.
- Develop, refine and implement policies and processes related to personnel and performance through a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion lense;
- Coordinate the Elevate Internship Program.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Payroll and Benefit administration;
- Develop and lead recruitment efforts, post open jobs, organize resumes and job applications, schedule job interviews, and assist in the interview process;
- Lead Personnel onboarding and offboarding of all new and departing staff members;
- Manage semi-annual performance review process;
- Maintain client staffing data in Salesforce and contribute to bi-weekly staffing meetings;
- Coordinate planning of bi-weekly All Staff Meetings, annual retreats, and trainings;
- Update Elevate’s policy handbook semi-annually;
- Contribute to Elevate’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives;
- Lead staff professional development programs and train new and existing staff;
- Maintain up to date understanding of employment law at federal level, states in which staff work;
- Serve as back-up on all operations and office related issues.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be flexible, organized, and have a strong attention to detail;
- Have business acumen with the ability to prioritize conflicting needs, handle projects proactively, and follow-through effectively;
- Be solutions oriented, knowing which issues can be resolved independently and which need to be escalated;
- Have strong interpersonal skills, clear and concise in written, oral and presentation communication;
- Have experience handling confidential information appropriately
- Effectively read and interpret complicated or technical information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information;
- Bring positive energy and enthusiasm to the Operations team;
- Exemplify professionalism, respect, Elevate’s values, and strengthen our organizational culture;
- Have one or more years of experience with Personnel, Human Resources (HR), or DEI.