Annual Fund Manager
- Experience Level
I. BASIC FUNCTION AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Annual Fund Manager is responsible for growing the annual fund donor base, renewing and upgrading support, and strengthening relationships with current donors below the major donor level. The Manager develops and implements strategy for direct mail and electronic fundraising, donor communications and cultivation efforts, including events and member benefits. S/he is also ultimately responsible for oversight of accurate and timely gifts processing and acknowledgement.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Working with the Chief Development Officer and direct mail consultant, oversees the strategy development, design and implementation of all direct mail solicitations
- Manages “Faithful Companion” monthly donor program, stewarding current members while developing strategy to secure new members
- In collaboration with LifeLine’s marketing/communications team, develop strategy and implement initiatives for online giving
- Track signature event sales, communicate with table/ticket buyers and offer logistical support for new gala
- Create and implement plan for ongoing stewardship communications with existing donors
- Assist with development of future LifeLine Community Animal Center membership program
- Identify prospects whose profiles indicate the potential for major and planned giving. Liaise with Chief Development Officer about members with greater potential.
- Sends individual annual giving summaries when requested by donors
- Responds to voicemails left in general fundraising mailbox
- Assists with other fundraising projects as assigned
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises Development Assistant responsible for data entry and gift acknowledgement processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience utilizing Raiser’s Edge/NXT
- Minimum of three years’ experience successfully managing non-profit direct mail and/or membership programs.
- Proven track record of engaging and motivating members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong commitment to the mission of LifeLine Animal Project