Senior Development Manager
- Experience Level
Job Title: Senior Development Manger
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: 2
Summary: Plans, organizes, and directs all ongoing and special project funding programs to include corporate sponsorship and major gifts for the organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Directly responsible for: Integrated Direct Marketing Program (Special Olympics Incorporated), Payroll deductions, Dial America contract, cultivation of individual donors $1,000 and up, as well as, invites donors of $1,000 and up to State Games Opening Ceremonies (see more details below).
· Oversees and manages Pay Roll Deductions for outside companies and individuals.
· Responsible for managing all aspects of SOGA Integrated Direct Marketing Proposal (IDMP) with Special Olympics Incorporated (SOI) budget and receivables, including removing names and sending back returned mail from the SOGA P.O. Box to SOI, and renewing annual contract as well as making quarterly name sweeps to SOI.
· Oversees, stewards, and codes matching gifts through employee giving.
· Oversees Planned Giving through SOI and reviews the contract with the CEO.
· Responsible for sponsorship revenues for State Horse Show totaling $20,000. Also responsible for sponsor volunteer placement, logo placement, recognition and stewardship.
· Plans, organizes, implements, cultivates and stewards sponsors (athlete thank you letter and event fact sheet), evaluates and meets revenue goal for the following high-level events: Marlow’s Golf Tournament (September/October), Marlow’s Restaurant Openings if applicable.
· Responsible for inviting high dollar donors to Opening Ceremonies at the State Games.
· Secure 100 silent auction and raffle items for Marlow’s Golf Classic (Sept/Oct).
· Writes 3 foundation proposals monthly (36 yearly) and procures 8 donations.
· Directly responsible for the business to business solicitations via mail in May and October.
· Annually coordinates sponsor recognition for monthly e newsletter and website.
· Create and distribute two annual touch points with all sponsors and add to the website (June/October), as well as, email to all sponsors, foundations, individual donors, SOGA team, Board, LETR and Honorary Board.
· Oversees Community Health Charities (1: Peach Belt)/Combined Federal Campaign applications (3: Atlanta, Southeast, Whitfield) (due October 1 and then report due back November) and meets set revenue goal.
· Oversees SOI Co-Op projects, selected outside and special events.
· Approves, notifies and files local program fundraisers through written authorization and periodically reviews local revenue and expense accounts.
· Organizes and oversees weekly individual donor thank you calls that have given $100 and up.
· Oversees the Your Cause Global Good Network donation account.
· Supports local/area programs with fundraising events/sponsors where needed.
· Implements and evaluates the SOGA Strategic Plan and other organizational plans.
· Attends State Winter Games, Summer Games, and Horse Show.
· Attends 1-2 Games Organizing Committee meetings for Horse Show.
· Supports state games and events as needed.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additional requirements are: strong organization skills, the ability to handle stress, and attention to detail. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College degree with a minimum of 2 years successful development and management experience.
Special Olympics experience a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to define problems, collect needed information and data, analyze information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to handle the demands and stress pertaining to duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Windows, Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge
The employee is occasionally required to lift 50 pounds or more.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their manager.
To Apply please send an email containing your resume, cover letter, favorite sports team, and three references to Thomas.email@example.com