- Degree Level
Job Title: Care Coordinator
Reports to: Supervising Care Manager
Fountain House Care Management is a Health Home Care Management Agency designed to help improve the quality of care for individuals who are living with a serious mental illness. The goal is to decrease hospitalizations as well as the use of emergency rooms and increase the network of a member’s medical, psychiatric and social service providers. Services include comprehensive care management; care coordination and health promotion; comprehensive transitional care; individual and family support; referral to community or social supports.
- Conduct member outreach and engagement activities to designated and potential Health Home members, including face-to-face, mail, electronic and telephone contact.
- Maintain a caseload of fifty (50) Health and Recovery Plan (HARP) and non‑HARP members (subject to change).
- Conduct initial and periodic needs assessments.
- Assist in the development and execution of members’ goals.
- Assist members with accessing health care and social services systems, community-based resources and coordination of services.
- Use the Coordinated Behavioral Care’s (CBC) Health Information Technology (HIT) platform to link services and communication among care management team, providers, and members.
- Complete various necessary trainings, including but not limited to trainings on the Care Management Model, Home and Community Based Services and the New York State Eligibility Assessment.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One year of experience in the mental health field, preferred.
- Interest in Managed Care Plans.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Good written and communication skills (this job requires the individual to be detail‑oriented and abide by strict deadlines).
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking is a plus.
- A writing sample may be requested.
Salary Range: $35K - $40K
- Paid Time Off Accrued for maximum of 23 days
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life Insurance paid by Fountain House (2x salary)
- Optional Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO