Immigration Staff Attorney
POSITION: Immigration Staff Attorney
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: The Asian Law Alliance (ALA) is a non-profit community law office that has provided legal services, community education and advocacy services since 1977 to the Asian and Pacific Islanders communities in Santa Clara County. Priority areas are immigration, housing, domestic violence, public benefits and civil rights.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client Counseling and Representation: Conduct intake; provide representation in both affirmative and defensive immigration cases before USCIS, EOIR and the BIA.
Community Education: Organize and conduct presentations on various legal topics. Drafting and reviewing community education pamphlets.
Community Organizing/Advocacy: Advocacy work on community issues as required; networking with other service providers, organizations and government agencies to enhance services to the Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
• Must be an active member in good standing of the State Bar. California Bar membership is preferred but not required
• Must have at least two years of experience in general immigration law
• Minimum of two years of experience in removal defense is strongly preferred
• Must have a demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the needs of the low income immigrant community
• Bilingual skills in Asian Pacific Islander language or Spanish highly desirable
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and/or weekends
• California driver’s license and own vehicle required
COMPENSATION: Salary $4,716.66 - $5,816.66 per month (depending on experience). Benefits include medical; dental; and vision plans; sick leave; paid vacation, 403(b) plan, flexible spending plan.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to:
Richard Konda, Executive Director
Asian Law Alliance
991 West Hedding Street, Suite 202
San Jose, CA 95126 or email@example.com
Deadline to apply: UNTIL FILLED
The Asian Law Alliance is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer