Legal Advocacy Program Manager
- Experience Level
liveSAFE Resources seeks a highly organized self-starter for this position. The Legal Advocacy Program Manager is a key member of our leadership team and is responsible for driving the activities and growth of the Temporary Protective Order office located within the Cobb County court complex. This role provides direct services to victims in crisis and manages a team of 2-5 Advocates each day between Monday-Friday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist victims of domestic violence and stalking with understanding and filling out legal documents required for temporary protective orders.
- Keep records and statistical data as it pertains to the services provided. Compile and enter statistical data into the computer database.
- Participate in ongoing training opportunities, keep informed on legislative issues which impact persons affected by domestic violence and provide the information to other staff and volunteers of the agency.
- Assist in the facilitation of court hearings.
- Assist in the orderly flow of clients seeking services and maintain an organized office area.
- Participate in multi-agency coalitions and community initiatives.
- Ensure collection of statistical data for the TPO office and compile and prepare reports
- Participate as a member of the Sexual Assault and Advocacy team and the liveSAFE Resources leadership team.
- Sit on the Domestic Violence Task Force in the absence of the Department Director.
- Trains other staff, interns and volunteers on TPO procedures. Participates in new volunteer/staff training and other community training as needed.
- Supervises staff, interns, and volunteers while they work at the TPO office.
- Coordinate the services of the Temporary Protective Order office with judges and court staff.
- Maintain good working relationships with court staff, law enforcement, and community service providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must show consistent attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working in a busy, shared office space within the court complex.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods, including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including style and format of letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Ability to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve problems with sound judgement.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with persons of different educational levels.
- Ability to enter routine data elements into manual or automated system.
- Ability to manage employees and strengthen important community relationships.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws and legal procedures.
MINIMUM CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree required in Criminal Justice or legal field and three years minimum experience in related field or 5 years minimum experience in related field. Knowledge of working with Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking victims preferred. Experience managing staff at a non-profit organization a plus. Must have valid driver’s license in State of Georgia and driving record must comply with insurance requirements. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of background, fingerprint, drug and motor vehicle record checks.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Legal Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta
- Social Work / Counseling Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Marietta