Communications & Development Coordinator
- Experience Level
Communications & Development Coordinator
Summary: St. Monica Catholic Community is a vibrant and active parish of over 7000 households, guided by the following mission statement: to form loving disciples who will transform the world.
The Communications & Development Coordinator is a full-time creative professional reporting to the Director of Development and Strategic Communications. This position:
- supports a combined creative and analytic effort to provide messaging that is comprehensive, consistent, high-quality, and multi-channel
- is primarily responsible for the design, execution and deployment of all parish communications and marketing deliverables
- engage, inform, and connect St. Monica community members, employees, and the general public
- supports development and stewardship projects and workflows, especially donor relations
- interacts and regularly consults with supervisor and parish and schools administration, councils, and other stakeholders before making decisions.
- Working from approved creative briefs, executes design and production of print and digital assets. Traffic, layout, and proof content from six contributors for weekly 17-page print publication. Keep current and maintain content across digital channels: website, digital signage,
social media platforms, etc. Assist staff and volunteers in best practices of print and digital assets as established by approved templates and the brand identity and style guides. Maintain integrated project calendar for both Strategic Communications and Development. Guide communications deliverables through strategy, creative brief, content creation, review and proof, and final deployment. Ensure timeline and milestones for scheduled fundraising appeals are on-target. Process, acknowledge, and report weekly donations and event registrations. Provide primary donor relations support for inquiries, profile updates, and development-related parishioner requests. Coordinate tasks and projects with contracted managed services for Raiser’s Edge database, mainly imports, audit, and clean-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent training and experience) in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or another related creative services field.
- 3 years professional experience in a communications/creative services field
(i.e., advertising, journalism, branding, design, print production, web development, media relations, etc.)
- advanced skills in in print and digital production software, especially InDesign
- advanced skills in proofreading, and copy-editing
- web development and design experience, content management system (CMS) experience
- strong writing, editing, and production skills, experience in print production and purchasing
- familiarity with the Catholic faith
- preferred: proficiency in Blackbaud software products—RaisersEdge and NetCommunity;
or willingness to undergo 12-hour minimum training, plus additional intermediate skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- strong commitment to collaboration, teamwork and zero-sum solutions
- ability to interact with diverse group of staff, faculty, volunteers, and parishioners across multiple interests and varying levels of authority
- strong organizational aptitude, the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- early adopter of existing and emerging technology
Notes: The term “parish” refers firstly to the entity of St. Monica Catholic Church within St. Monica Catholic Community. The Community also includes two school entities—St. Monica Elementary School and St. Monica Catholic High School. The management of “parish-wide” operations and initiatives will occasionally involve collaboration with the school entities.
Compensation & Recruitment: Compensation will be commensurate with position, skills and experience. Full benefits will be offered through the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.