Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
- Experience Level
North Avenue Presbyterian Church
Who We Are
We are committed (1) to knowing Jesus and to making Him known, displaying values of “radical hospitality, passionate worship, transformational faith development, risk-taking mission and service, and extravagant generosity” and (2) to helping the congregation “love and honor God in WORSHIP, GROW in the fullness of Christ, and GO into the world with the Holy Spirit.”
To act as the voice and face of North Avenue to callers and visitors, to provide administrative support to the Directors of Children’s and Youth Ministry, and to help coordinate scheduling of other non-church events within the church’s facilities.
Supervisor: Executive Director of Finance and Operations
General Administrative Support
- Answer phones and greet guests, embodying the “radical hospitality” of North Avenue in a variety of situations.
- Assist members with requests.
- Assist with the maintenance of office equipment and order office supplies -
- Prepare acknowledgement of memorial gifts weekly
- Distribute mail.
- Maintain and recruit volunteers to help cover the phones
- Update and print church calendar weekly and share monthly schedule of security and custodial staff
- Help with large mailings.
- Send Sunday reminders to Hospitality Team, Greeters, and Deacons.
- Distribute monthly church newsletter by mail to those requesting it
- Act as contact for staff for issues to be addressed with custodial staff
- Coordinate with Atlanta Children’s Shelter on last minute needs for space usage
- Maintain relationships with delivery personnel
- Coordinate requests for archive material
- Stock staff lounge with coffee/meal supplies
- Attend weekly staff meeting
Children and Family Ministries
- Provide administrative support for the Children’s Ministry, including maintenance of attendance records, coordination with childcare workers, curriculum distribution, registration maintenance, PeopleSuite updates, nametag generation, events registration, etc.
- Using content provided by the Director of Children and Family Ministries, compile and distribute monthly Children and Family Ministries newsletter
- Help coordinate children’s choir registrations
- Prepare baby announcements as needed for Sunday service, update prayer listing for expectant parents, and distribute prayer calendar to new parents.
- Manage worship bags for small children
- Help to maintain the youth ministries calendar
- Order supplies
- Assist with event registration
- Make copies, cutting and laminating as needed
Maintain Urban Case Management schedule
Facility Management - Help schedule church space requests by outside parties and orient them to facilities, including coordinating their needs and access with the Director of Facilities.
Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including creating and managing spreadsheets, email merges, document design, etc.
- Maintains professional, positive demeanor with visitors, members and staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Relevant business experience with Microsoft Office