Procurement and Contracts Manager
6 days left
- Experience Level
PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACTS MANAGER
County of San Mateo
$124,758 - $155,958 / Annually
The County of San Mateo is currently seeking a Procurement and Contracts Manager to direct the overall operations of the County's centralized purchasing division, which is responsible for providing countywide procurement and contract services to ensure County departments obtain maximum value for each dollar spent and maintain compliance with all relevant County, State, and Federal laws, ordinances, and policies. To assist in these endeavors, the Manager will lead a dedicated team of procurement subject matter experts committed to exceptional customer service and fair, open, competitive, timely, and ethical procurement practices.
In addition, the Manager will oversee the final stages of implementing a new Contract Management System (CMS) and will manage and provide ongoing guidance, support, and training for users. The County enters into more than 1,500 contracts annually. We seek a collaborative and innovative leader with keen business acumen and a desire to lead a team of buyers and contract administrators to the next level of professional development. We also seek an experienced manager with proven success using enhanced technology to procure $400 million of supplies, equipment, and related services annually. And, we seek someone who wants to work for a committed organization that provides exceptional services to the communities we serve.
The Ideal Manager
- Has extensive experience in purchasing with at least three years involving direct management of staff engaged in procurement or contracting
- Has demonstrated knowledge of and experience in government procurement and agreement administration and has the ability to serve as the subject matter expert for the County.
- Is a strong leader with skills and experience in planning, organizing, administering, reviewing, and evaluating departmental procedures for the procurement of services and creation and execution of contracts
- Has administrative experience in the areas of budget development and management and related support activities including procurement and contract training for departmental staff
- Has knowledge of and experience incorporating relevant laws, regulations, and policies that affect and/or regulate government procurement and contracts
- Has experience implementing and administering a contracts management system and/or e-procurement system
- Is an influential communicator and proven relationship-builder who can successfully collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including department heads, staff members, contractors, and vendors
- Is committed to maintaining a high standard of customer service to all departments, contractors, and vendors
- Is an effective change agent who can guide employees through the organization in adopting new systems and procedural changes
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Though not required, a designation as a Certified Purchasing Professional, such as Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPO) is strongly desired
A typical way to qualify would be possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a closely related field AND five years of professional procurement experience, including contract administration, preferably in a local government setting. A minimum of three years of staff management experience is required. However, the County will consider any combination of experience and education that would be equivalent.
Final Filing Date: September 23, 2019
To learn more about the position, please visit our online brochure at: https://jobs.smcgov.org/county-procurement-and-contracts-manager-082919
Applications are only accepted online and must include answers to the supplemental questions. Equal Opportunity Employer.