Administrative Support Specialist
- Experience Level
KeyPoint Alliance, Inc. (www.1kpa.org)
Title of Position: Administrative Support Specialist
Department: TRIO Programs
Reports To: Program Director
Working Conditions: Professional office environment with frequent local travel to work sites; although the typical work hours are 8:30-5pm, work requires some evening and weekends
Salary Range: 28,500-34,000 (pay will be commensurate with qualifications, and experience)
Number of Position: 1 full time benefits eligible position
General Function (Description):
This position supports three (3) pre-college TRiO Programs, which consist of two Upward Bound projects and one Talent Search project. The goal of TRiO’s pre-college programs is to increase the number of low- income, potential first-generation college students to stay in school, take a rigorous curriculum, graduate from high school, and enroll in and eventually graduate from college. The position provides clerical and administrative support to the TRIO staff. This includes (but is not limited to) duties from general reception to project data processing, records management, purchasing, scheduling, workflow/project tracking and assisting the programmatic needs of the TRIO staff. This is a full-time benefits eligible grant funded position.
- Assist staff in the office, at school sites, etc. with the planning, preparation and coordination of services and activities such as student programming, parent workshops, correspondences, general communication (telephone and email contacts), newsletters, and field trips, etc.
- Monitors office and maintains project databases of three (3) TRiO Programs; creates and submits reports.
- Files and assist with monitoring expenditures of grant funds to meet the programs’ budgetary needs.
- Prepares monthly reports to submit to TRIO staff.
- Responsible for collecting data, updating and maintaining three (3) TRiO Projects databases as well as filing and inputting student information (i.e. entering applications, attendance, and contacts, etc.) in student database.
- Assist with monitoring work-study students, participants, and volunteers at the office and/or on various school sites, events, etc. as needed.
- Coordinates paperwork, scheduling and payroll for tutoring program.
- Acts as the office key point of contact in the absence of the TRiO staff during times they are performing field work.
- Plans and makes arrangements for staff and participant travel (transportation, lodging, admissions, tickets, etc.).
- Assist with chaperoning TRIO participants on college tours, educational and cultural activities and field trips.
- Helps to prepare newsletters, flyers and drafts program correspondence; assists with copying and printing.
- Attends to and initiates calls to and from parents, school personnel, community organizations, businesses, etc.
- Assist in reconciling monthly expenditures.
- Sends mailings, text messages and voice recordings to participants and parents; Maintain TRIO social media sites and programming calendar.
- Takes notes at TRIO staff meetings; prepare and distribute minutes.
- Assists staff with the U.S.D.E’s annual performance reporting requirements as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, as well as efficient organizational and time management skills.
- Possess sound judgment, and solid decision-making skills.
- Be able to follow directions/directives, as well as be conscientious and detailed oriented.
- Be comfortable dressing in professional business attire.
- Provide excellent customer service and possess the ability to foster positive interactions with the KPA-TRIO staff, school administrators, teachers, staff, students, parents, alumni, and the public.
- Highly proficient in typing, filing and information technology including MS Office Suite, internet usage/research, etc. (social media savvy a plus).
- Be sensitive to the needs of a diverse population and have the ability to confidently speak in front of groups.
- Be a quick starter and learner, and able to take initiative.
- Be able to communicate on the go and make frequent site visits and travel locally to help support TRIO staff serving Metropolitan Atlanta and Douglasville area.
Education: At least 2 years of post-secondary education; an associate’s degree is preferred.
Years of Experience: At least 1 year of experience working in an office setting; 2 years is preferred.
Other Requirements: A criminal background check and drug screening is required. Some evenings and weekend work is required.
This is a benefits eligible position after provisional period of employment. Benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Eye Insurance
- 401K Plan with Competitive Employer Match
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Annual Bonus for Top Performers
- Sponsored Training and Professional Development Opportunities
- And More!
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit the four (4) items below:
- Complete the entire application for this position (including salary information). Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Provide a cover letter expressing interest in the position.
- Attach or include a resume detailing experience
- Provide the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. At least two (2) of the three (3) professional references must be supervisors.
Please note: a criminal background check and drug screening is required. Please, NO phone calls regarding this position.
If you desire more than the advertised salary range, your application Will NOT be considered. Also, please complete the entire application. Incomplete applications Will NOT be reviewed.