Employment/Education Case Manager - Day and Evening Hours
- Degree Level
The Center for Family Resources is seeking a candidate for the following full-time position: Employment/Education Case Manager for Day and Evening Hours
Job Title: Employment/Education Case Manager
Category: Full-Time; Day and Evening Hours
Weekly Hours: 37.50
To provide employment and education services to individuals in case management.
- Assesses clients to determine level of skills required for employment.
- Provides career readiness training to assist clients to find and retain employment, job training, or education.
- Assists case management team in setting goals and accessing services needed to reach those goals.
- Coordinates the provision of life skills classes.
- Monitors clients’ progress and provides ongoing coaching through appointments and regular contacts.
- Establishes relationships with potential employers and community organizations to enhance opportunities in employment and training.
- Maintains client records in an accurate and timely manner. Enters and regularly updates data in the organization’s databases.
- Ensures that program outcomes and accountability measures are being administered, monitored, and accurately reported.
- Provides supervision and training to volunteers.
- Completes Intake duties and adheres to agency policy on confidentiality.
- Follows all federal, state, and local guidelines for program administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in Human Services or related field
Experience: Minimum one year’s experience in case management; experience in group facilitation
Skills: Excellent presentation, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills; able to work with people from varied socio-economic backgrounds; ability to manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment; flexible and willing to work on new projects when needed
Given: Program participants and volunteers
Received: Director of Homeless Services
Internal: All employees, management staff, program participants, and volunteers
External: Community organizations, employers, educational institutions, and general public as needed to support the organization and programs
Physical: Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and be able to bend and lift light to medium size objects.
Mental: Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment; have excellent problem-solving; communication, and interpersonal skills
Emotional: Positive attitude; courteous and professional demeanor; leads by example to promote positive employee morale and efficient operations
Impact: This position is responsible for the efficient operation of each client’s employment plan and training. Unprofessional behavior or ineffective management of clients and/or programs could result in loss of funding for the organization.
Send resume and salary requirements to CarolynBridges@TheCFR.org or fax to 770-423-2234.
No calls please. EOE