Senior Case Manager III at Plaza Apartments, (Full-Time), Waivered or Licensed
- Position Type
- Full Time
POSITION: Senior Case Manager III at Plaza Apartments, (Full-Time), Waivered or Licensed
SALARY: $27.50 per hour ($57,200 annualized) with excellent benefits
Licensure supervision hours for LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Ph.D., Psy.D. are available for waivered staff.
Waivered: Accruing licensure hours as a Registered AMFT, ASW, APCC with California Board of Behavioral Sciences or as a Registered Psychologist with California Board of Psychology
REPORTS TO: Program Director III
ORGANIZATION AND PROGRAM: Conard House Inc. is a nonprofit organization empowering individuals who live and work in the margins of society. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency/humility by respecting experience, promoting inclusion, and building community. This position is with the Outpatient Services within the Supportive Housing Program. This program provides housing, case management, and income advocacy for adult residents in nine Single Resident Occupancy (SRO) Hotels in the Tenderloin and South of Market area and scattered-site shared apartments located throughout San Francisco. Additionally, staff at Outpatient Services provide individual and group rehabilitation services, individual and group therapy, assessment and treatment planning, and crisis intervention pertaining to their scope of practice. The Plaza Apartments is a 106-unit studio apartment building owned by Plaza Apartments Limited Partnership. Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) is the Managing General Partner. Conard House is the lead service provider. The Plaza is a Direct Access to Housing (DAH) (Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing) building.
We are a committed equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the city and state’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with conviction records.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be licensed in the state of CA or registered with the Board of Behavioral Science or Board of Psychology. Licensure hours for LCSW, MFT, LPCC or Psychology are available. Must have experience, providing direct services including work with individuals who also experience mental health, substance use, and physical health conditions. Applicants must have a working knowledge of psychiatric medications, psychological terminology, and mental health and social services in San Francisco. Effective advocacy, organizational, and communication skills are essential. The ability to work as a team member towards common goals and objectives is required. Applicants must have the ability to document using electronic database according to Medi-Cal guidelines. Experience with Medi-Cal billing and AVATAR database preferred. Ability to travel to meetings off-site required. However, personal vehicle is not required. Must successfully complete education and reference verification. After a conditional offer of hire a criminal background check must be reviewed.
DUTIES: In addition to Case Management duties, the Senior Case Manager III has the following duties.
- Assist Program Director to monitor and maintain Medi-Cal documentation and billing.
- Provide mental health services to clients (individual and group psychotherapy, psychosocial case management, individual and group rehabilitation services, diagnostic assessment, plan development, crisis intervention) and document services in AVATAR according to Conard House and Medi-Cal guidelines.Train staff, when required, in case management duties, including Medi-Cal documentation and billing.
- In the absence of Program Director, act as liaison and work effectively with Staff from Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing, Housing and Urban Health-Tom Waddell (HUH-TW), the John Stewart Company, and Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) to help lead and maintain collaborative team.
- Lead Plaza Collaborative meetings with representatives from the aforementioned agencies in the absence of Program Director
- Assist Program Director in assuring the quality of case management and money management services for residents.
- Provide supervision to staff when the Program Director designates.
- Must successfully meet monthly billing target.
- Assist Program Director in implementing policies and procedures in meeting program objectives.
- Provide resources to clients on a broad range of problems in a manner that is supportive, constructive and non-judgmental.
- Assess client's need for medical and psychiatric evaluations and make appropriate referrals.
- Develop and implement service plans. Coordinate service plans with other external service providers.
- Assist clients with daily living skills.
- Provide advocacy assistance pursuing and maintaining entitlements, clothing, health care, mental health services and other issues. Ensure proper completion of client applications and forms.
- Conduct groups and activities oriented toward stabilized living. Promote a community environment for residents to interact and socialize, incorporating community building techniques.
- Maintain support and strongly encourage an independent living environment in which residents can support each other.
- Intervene in crisis situations according to procedures. Notify and consult with supervisor as soon as possible.
- Ensure accuracy and timely completion of statistical reports for program location.
- Supervise staff and manage program in Program Director’s absence.
- Act as on-site director with other collaborative agencies in the Program Director’s absence.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please send resumes and letter of intent to Louise Foo, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (415)-864-7093. People with diverse cultural backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Empowering People who live and work on the margins of society since 1960