Director of Investments
7 days left
- Experience Level
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues.
Reporting to the VP, Capacity and Chief Financial Officer, this individual is responsible for oversight of $1.2 billion of charitable capital, including strategic direction and innovation of investment management practices in support of foundation objectives. The Director, Investments advances the foundation’s goals and brand through prudent investment practices, collaboration with internal and external partners, and product and service innovation. Core areas of responsibility include oversight of all investment portfolios and associated relationships, administration of the Individually Managed Fund program, investment communications, and responsible asset ownership practices.
Essential functions of Position:
- Lead and develop operations and supporting technology to meet fiduciary responsibility for the prudent investment and management of funds entrusted to CFGA.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and decision making related to the investment programs consistent with the vision, mission, strategic plans and governing policies of the foundation.
- Manage, monitor and report on the overall function and performance of each investment portfolio, including asset allocation, returns compared to benchmarks, and individual performance.
- Develop efficient business processes and effective use of technology to achieve operational goals and provide world-class customer service.
- Lead the governance of the investment program in partnership with the investment committee chair and CFO. Develop meeting agendas, enhance committee effectiveness, and develop and maintain investment policies and guidelines.
- Supervise investment consultant, custodian bank and investment manager relationships. Provide direction, perform due diligence, evaluate costs and conduct periodic requests for proposals.
- Oversee and administer the pool investment program in conjunction with the investment consultant. Develop operations and technology infrastructure to support the program. Monitor, evaluate and report on the strategic asset allocation to support organizational goals.
- Oversee and administer the Individually Managed Fund program. Develop operations and technology infrastructure to scale the program to be the platform of choice for professional advisors; perform manager due diligence, performance and compliance monitoring, relationship management, and committee reporting. Monitor financial advisors and maintain positive working relationships while holding advisors accountable for performance and policy compliance. Resolve operational issues in a timely and constructive manner.
- Manage registered investment advisor registration; design and implement the compliance program for the State of Georgia.
- Assist donor facing staff in supporting donor engagement and evaluating and recommending appropriate investment selections for donors. Prepare supporting analysis and presentations.
- Develop insightful communications to inform internal and external stakeholders of the foundation’s investments, capabilities, and value.
- Contribute to annual audit, internal control, and tax filing deliverables. Ensure investments’ completeness, valuation, and proper accounting presentation and disclosure in the financial statements. Produce assigned items, respond to auditor testing inquiries, and structure workflows and data collection with deliverables in mind.
- Provide leadership on new initiatives and special projects. Lead and facilitate cross-departmental collaborations to achieve organizational goals. (e.g., research and analysis, regulatory changes, strategy development, technology)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Familiarity with UPMIFA, administration of foundations, donor-advised funds and charitable trusts
- Ten+ years of related experience in institutional investment programs.
- Highly relevant experience includes: client service, communications and investment operations for a wealth management firm, endowment or foundation, with exposure to investment and manager due diligence
MBA, CFA, or Master’s degree in asset management and finance preferred.
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.